The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
just curious, what should one expect with airflow, is this an improvement?
My guess is there's no true data to your question, and most people are going after the cosmetic look. I myself was wondering this and hoping the worst case scenarios is that it's the same as in factory form. Also, just by adding a gurney flap like bump in front of an air exit doesn't necessary increase air flow...I'll just leave it at that.

Possible someone that has these can chime in and let us know if they noticed any changes (better, worse, or even the same) to their coolant temps and/or air conditioning performance? In particular, it would be nice to hear any input for those that track their cars and/or live in hotter climate areas.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
As an update, I sent Jake at OSport an email to inquire on a 2nd group buy production run last Sunday. I have not heard back from him yet. I'm going to assume he's busy with his normal day job. I'll keep you all posted once I hear back from him. Thanks all!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I heard back from Jake today, and I have some bad news and kind of some good news. Instead of paraphrasing what he said, pasted below is the relevant part that's of interest to all.

I'll be honest with you, I don't think the quantities are near where I need to be to get this going again right now. Things may change in the next few months, but having the time to do it is tricky right now.
I will make plans to get set up to start producing, and I will get a couple of shipping quotes for reference. But I cannot promise any parts right now.
Sorry for the bad news at the moment.

Now the good new is that when things slow down at work for Jake, he's interested in tooling up to make another run of his radiator ducts. Until then, we'll just have to be patient. Once I hear back from Jake, I'll revive this thread. Thanks and sorry for the disappointing news all!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts