The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting threads for installation tips for folks who got in the HKFEVER CF group buys. Feel free to post if your have experience in removing stock and installing either CF, or stock, door panels.....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
of for a second there, I thought you were selling installation tips, only to groups of people...rotfl

·
Registered
905 Posts
I was actually getting on here this morning to post up a similar thread so people could share their tips and pics of the parts.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Remove the 4 allen head fasteners from the top of the door panel, remove the plastic screw in the bottom front of the door panel, pull along the bottom from the front to back to separate the velcro slide the panel towards the rear of the car as there's a plastic piece on the door that slides into another plastic piece on the panel. I added some velcro to the cf door panel along the bottom.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The piece on the original door at the back that people talk about "sliding backwards" to remove is really glued on the door well so I did not try to get it off and use on the new door. My initial install still had a ton of room between the bottom edge of the door skin and the door itself. The 2 pieces of velcro did nothing. I actually ran a strip of double sided tape along the whole bottom, and a bit up the rear edge. Actually, I built up to 3-4 layers of tape, then put velcro the entire length as well, with the matching piece on the fiberglass door. It is very solid now!

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
In my 2008 Exige, there has 2 strips of 6" velco in between the door panel and the door shell from factory to keep the bottom part colse to the door shell.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, had two small strips but the CF door skin was too far away from the door so the velcro did not hold. When I built up 3-4 thick strips of double sided tape then the velcro, it holds fine. And I went the full length instead of two smaller (2" in mine) strips that were on there originally. Worked well.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Some guys has CF access panels, which is way too thin and not thick enough to press down the alarm sensors. So they need to put in some spacers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts