The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting threads for installation tips for folks who got in the HKFEVER CF group buys. Feel free to post if your have experience in removing stock and installing either CF, or stock, Rear Lower Console.....

·
Registered
905 Posts
This one went in smoothly. The top portion/cupholder is too tight at the tips of the lower panel to fit like stock but I was able to install it with ease and put the cupholder top half back in and it still looks fine even though i know it's not fitting as it should at the top. a bit of dremeling would correct this but it fits well enough to keep me from pulling it back off just to dremel it a bit so it fits better and eases my mind.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went well for me too. Just a tip though, if you have a magnetic screwdriver it will help you avoid dropping the 2 screws that hold the lower piece in place. When putting the new one on....you will see why. Of course, you could take a seat out of the car to make it a little more roomy and easier to get that dropped screw....but that is a pain too!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Oh yeah this was definitely done with a magnetic tip screwdriver

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't have a magnetic tip so I "made" one by rubbing the end of the screwdriver across a magnet for about 30 seconds......worked well

·
Registered
905 Posts
OK so put it in the area where the lower console touches the center console to stop any possible noise/rubbing? How about black electrical tape?

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Hey guys -- one tip on this. If you are re-using the stock cup holder (black piece) be sure that you seat it properly onto the new CF part. It's very easy to have it misaligned at the top.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts