The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Details to follow.

Elise / Exige CF side sills. Available glossy or matte finish, 100% carbon fiber or carbon / glass composite.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Group Buy Details:

- will run for only 10 days
- after 10 days, parts will be built
- parts will be delivered in May (I know, a long time, but we are shipping all at once to save money and pass the savings on to you)
- payment to be made at the close of the group buy

SIDE SILLS ONLY:
- for 100% carbon fiber, in either gloss or matte finish, first 10 parts will be $531.25 (plus domestic shipping)
- for carbon fiber / glass, in either gloss or matte finish, first 10 parts will be $433.75 (plus domestic shipping)

After the group buy reaches 10 sets:
- - for 100% CF sills, the price will become $488.75 (plus domestic shipping)
- - for CF / glass sills, the price will become $399.05 (plus domestic shipping)

After the group buy reaches 15 sets:
- - for 100% CF sills, the price will become $459.75 (plus domestic shipping)
- - for CF / glass sills, the price will become $374.15 (plus domestic shipping)

TRIM PANELS ONLY:
- for 100% carbon fiber, in either gloss or matte finish, first 10 trim panels will be $466.75 (plus domestic shipping)
- for carbon fiber / glass, in either gloss or matte finish, first 10 trim panels will be $356.25 (plus domestic shipping)
- after the group buy reaches 10 sets,
- - for 100% CF trim panels, the price will become $439.35 (plus domestic shipping)
- - for CF / glass trim panels, the price will become $335.48 (plus domestic shipping)

SIDE SILLS AND TRIM PANELS:
- for 100% carbon fiber, in either gloss or matte finish, first 10 parts will be $998 (plus domestic shipping)
- for carbon fiber / glass, in either gloss or matte finish, first 10 parts will be $790 (plus domestic shipping)
- after the group buy reaches 10 sets,
- - for 100% CF sills, the price will become $899.10 (plus domestic shipping)
- - for CF / glass sills, the price will become $709.63 (plus domestic shipping)

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Group Buy List.

LT Screen Name, Sills + Panels or Sills-Only, gloss or matte
1. salcosta, Sills, CF, gloss
2. catlin, Sills-Only, CF/glass, gloss
3. Good2go, Sills + Panels, CF/Glass, Gloss
4. Elige, Sills-Only, CF/Glass, Gloss
5. Slimmach1234, Sills+panels, CF/glass, gloss
6. Kermit, Sills + panels, CF/glass, gloss
7. walter, Sills+panels, CF/glass, matte
8. ckugel, Sills + panels, CF/glass, gloss
9. Ericthebastard, Sills + panels, CF/glass, gloss
10. ExCDriN, Sills+panels, CF/glass, gloss
11. 300hpMR2, Panels Only, CF/glass, gloss
12. jsottile, Sills + panels, CF, matte
13. Variance, Sills + panels, CF, matte
14. t955152, Sills + panels, CF/glass, gloss
15. Cipher, Sills + panels, CF/glass, gloss
16. zink, Sills + panels, CF/glass, gloss
17. WileECoyote, Sills + panels, CF, gloss
18. JungleJim, Sills + panels, CF, gloss
19. Stale Hotdog, Sills + trim panels, CF, matte
20. lukee, Panels, CF/glass, matte
21. Certified Lotus, Sills + trim panels, CF, gloss

Group Buy Payment:

Please send your PayPal payment to: ReallyLightStuff [ a t ] gmail [ d o t ] com (using the "@" and the ".", of course!)

VERY IMPORTANT: in the notes section of the PayPal payment, place the following note (with YOUR details):

"GROUP BUY: SIDE SILLS. LT Screen Name, CF or CF/glass, Sills + Panels or Sills-Only, gloss or matte"

Also VERY IMPORTANT: check that PayPal has your current and correct shipping address.

Shipping cost will be billed to you WHEN THE ITEM SHIPS TO YOU. I cannot calculate that until the part or parts are boxed up, weighed and addressed so I'm sorry I cannot give estimates.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Tempted to go with a full set of what has been posted so far (these sills and panels, A/C surround, Door panels, Door pulls, Shifter tunnel). Just have to decide is I want to replace the paint matched Canyon Red shifter tunnel, a/c surround and "cup holder" thingy I already spent good $ on. I suppose I could keep those red and just do sills/panels, door panels and door pulls. Kind of cf on the sides, Canyon Red up the middle. Any opinions out there?

Oh, and will there also be offered the "cup holder" thingy for group buy if I decide to go the full cf?

Lastly, if I do go full cf, if anyone with a Canyon Red car is interested in an A/C surround, shift tunnel (with traction control hole) and "cup holder" thingy let me know! :)

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes "cup holder thingy" will also be a group buy. I'll get it posted this weekend.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Group Buy List.

LT Screen Name, Sills + Panels or Sills-Only, gloss or matte
1. salcosta, Sills + Panels, CF,matte
2. catlin, Sills-Only, CF/glass, gloss
3. Good2go, Sills-Only, CF/Glass, Gloss

·
Registered
207 Posts
The trim panels in CF would look more coordinated
if there were a CF instrument panel binnacle to match. Any prospects for the latter?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have glossy carbon fiber side sills and recommend them if you want an easier time getting in and out of your car compared to the very frictiony plastic side sills that you can't easily slide your legs across.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
To avoid the squeak noise, I always put hockey stick tape on the back side of the interior trims. Just like some Porsche interior trim has came with thin silky tape. ;)

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
158 Posts
Are the switch panels/blanking panels going to be available, as well? Seems like it would be kinda weird to have plain plastic panels when the two surrounding pieces are CF.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Are the switch panels/blanking panels going to be available, as well? Seems like it would be kinda weird to have plain plastic panels when the two surrounding pieces are CF.
Hopefully the mold will be ready in 25 days time, but have some tech issue need to solve first. :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'd like to replace my sills, as I sometimes wear sunblock, which eats away at the coating on the factory sills. However, I've seen carbon fiber sills on an Elise in the area, and they don't seem to stand up to being sat on too well - they were spider-webbed throughout. How durable are these compared to the factory sills?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts