The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CLOSED

I have been talking to Esta International about there carbon fiber engine cover with grill mesh for the Elise.

They have agreed to offer a 10% discount and free shipping with 5 orders. The discounted price is $713.70.

The carbon fiber cover is 2-3 Kg (4.5-5.5 lbs) with out hardware. From what I have gathered the stock cover

with out hardware is apx. 10.5 lbs. You need to use your stock hardware when mounting the carbon fiber cover.

Let me know if you are interested in this offer. If there is more then 5 orders I can see if a greater discount could be offered.

Ok we still need a few more people interested in this.

Here are some selling points.

#1 This comes with mesh instead of the cheap looking plastic grills. The mesh kit from Elise USA to change over your stock one is $350 alone! Double that and you can have a carbon fiber lid.

#2 No holes left behind from removing your stock plastic grills!

#3 Save some weight!

#4 10% discount and free shipping! If you are thinking of this why not buy now and save some $$.

#5 Matte finish at no extra charge! Gloss is still available also.

Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Trunk Hood
Automotive exterior Vehicle Grille Bumper Car

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd be in if it has the same clearance as the original cover. Essentially, it needs to be able to accommodate a supercharger. If so, I'm in. :)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I'd be in if it has the same clearance as the original cover. Essentially, it needs to be able to accommodate a supercharger. If so, I'm in. :)
Cobra, It -should- be molded after the stock engine cover, but uses mesh instead of plastic grilles. So clearance should be the exact same. :up:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Cobra, It -should- be molded after the stock engine cover, but uses mesh instead of plastic grilles. So clearance should be the exact same. :up:
I was hoping that would be the case. Count me in then.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Oh, Raptor, I just found another post that said this;

the locking mechanism for the S2 Rover and Toyota engine is located differently, you may have to do some modification to the clam for it to fit (K-series's exhaust manifold is located at the firewall side, toyota is located at the trunk side)
Please confirm with them that this is will work with the "Federal Elise" locking mechanism.

Thanks!

Edit; And if the "free shipping" includes any sort of insurance on the parts, that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, Raptor, I just found another post that said this;

Please confirm with them that this is will work with the "Federal Elise" locking mechanism.

Thanks!

Edit; And if the "free shipping" includes any sort of insurance on the parts, that would be appreciated, as I just noticed from older threads that several people had problems with large items being shipped, only to be out their money because the parts were not shipping insured.
I will look into this stuff. I am very interested my self.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have sent an email with your questions thus far. I will post the answers as soon as I receive them.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what I received back from Esta regarding the previous questions.

The original Federal Elise locking mechanism will suit the Carbon cover.

You can pay addition 5% subtotal fee (US$36) for the insurance.

This Cover fit all existing Elise S2 models.

IF there are any more questions please feel free to ask and I will pass them along.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Wow, that looks pretty cool. A bit pricey, but cool. Would look awesome on the black Elise!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would look great on a Lotus Racing Green Elise also -poke- you know you want it.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
This is what I received back from Esta regarding the previous questions.

The original Federal Elise locking mechanism will suit the Carbon cover.

You can pay addition 5% subtotal fee (US$36) for the insurance.

This Cover fit all existing Elise S2 models.

IF there are any more questions please feel free to ask and I will pass them along.
Good news. Need a few more people now. :up:

·
Registered
270 Posts
You might want to talk to them on pricing. It looks like they just put the CF lid on sale for 640. I'm pretty sure its the same one. Hopefully it is and you can get a further discont.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
You might want to talk to them on pricing. It looks like they just put the CF lid on sale for 640. I'm pretty sure its the same one. Hopefully it is and you can get a further discont.
Correct me if I'm wrong, and still ask Esta... but I believe the $640 price is for the "oem" look, ie plastic grilles.

A little bit confusing on the website, and while an additional $80 is sort of a high price for just the mesh grilles, I wouldn't want it without them.

Wouldn't hurt to find out from Esta though.

(Note that if you select one of the pictures with mesh grilles, the price changes)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, and still ask Esta... but I believe the $640 price is for the "oem" look, ie plastic grilles.

A little bit confusing on the website, and while an additional $80 is sort of a high price for just the mesh grilles, I wouldn't want it without them.

Wouldn't hurt to find out from Esta though.

(Note that if you select one of the pictures with mesh grilles, the price changes)
If you look at the picture the FRP ones are the ones with the oem look, the CF ones have mesh: CF lid I would guess that they just didn't update all the locations that the price is. That's the old price (I've been drooling over this piece from months :p )

Still it would be good to double check. Can you check on a matte finish instead of gloss? They should be able to accommodate this at the time that they spray the clear coat.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok I will ask about the price and the matte finish. I too would be interested in matte. I will probably not hear back until Monday though.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just looked at Esta's web sight and it looks like the price is still the same for the cover with mesh. The plastic grill one is the cheaper one. I can ask if any one is interested in the plastic grill one if they can do the deal on it also.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm interested in the matte finish if it's an option. Clear coat is just too darned shiny. :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR MATTE FINISH! This is a great deal as most vendors charge extra.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts