The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Hi guys, this is a group buy for CF GT4 Rear Wing

Only make this in 100% Dry CF. Since this is a very big item, molding cost (10 mold needed), so the cost is quite high :facepalm

- If only sell 10 sets then USD2,163.65 per set (if less than 10 then this GB can't go ahead, as just can't cover the cost)

- If reach 20 sets then USD1956.84 per set

Please type in the list as following:
HKFEVER, ?K, Glossy or Matte

The GB will end in 30 days.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Those are great prices, especially considering what it costs to purchase, finish and paint the original Lotus part. My wing required a lot of finish work. :facepalm

I only wish you had made these two years ago when you posted your EVORA Big CF (Carbon Fiber Project) thread. You could have saved me a lot of money especially since I really wanted it in CF! Anyone considering the wing should jump on this at these prices!

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are great prices, especially considering what it costs to purchase, finish and paint the original Lotus part. My wing required a lot of finish work. :facepalm

I only wish you had made these two years ago when you posted your EVORA Big CF (Carbon Fiber Project) thread. You could have saved me a lot of money especially since I really wanted it in CF! Anyone considering the wing should jump on this at these prices!
Sell your fiber glass version for my CF version :cool:

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The OEM wing from Lotus UK is GBP1,295.00 = around USD2,252.00.

Over size Fedex or UPS is going to charge you 40Kg, so around USD400.00. In fact the packed box is only 8Kg.

Say, the body shop is going to charge you USD200 to USD500 for fill in holes, prime, sand and coating.

You are looking for around USD2800.00 for a fiber glass OEM parts.

Now you can have this in CF for just over USD2,100.00.
Unpack it and bolt it with 4 screws.
Less than 30 mins job.
And ready to rock. :coolnana:

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whats the differance between 6 and 12k?
In the attached pictures you will see the different between 3K, 6K & 12K 2x2 twill weaves carbon fiber cloth:
- The top layer LHS is 3K, prepreg (or you can call it dry carbon)
- The top layer RHS is 6K, prepreg (or you can call it dry carbon)
- The bottom layer is 12K, I didn't have 12K prepreg in stock to show

Attachments

1 - 20 of 182 Posts