The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Group Buy:

The RLS CF Exige Window is a carbon fiber, CNC milled replacement for your heavy stock glass rear window. This is for closed circuit use only. Stock window can be removed without removing the rear clam of the car. (The new Exige Cup 260 deletes the rear glass in favor of carbon fiber, as well.)

Stock glass: 3.40 lb.
RLS CF Exige Window: about 1.4 lb.

Group buy: place your name on the next #'d position. Once the group gets to 6, the group buy will be closed and the group will receive the following discounts: (MSRP: $255.00)

Position #:
1: -$45
2: -$40
3: -$35
4: -$35
5: -$35
6: -$30

Parts will be delivered within two weeks of closing the group buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's the install process like?
The adhesive that holds the stock glass in place is quite pliable. A tool is used to split the adhesive around the perimeter of the window (it helps to remove the seats from the car and do this from the interior). Pull the window out.

Place a bead of windshield adhesive around the perimeter of the CF window panel, press in place and allow to cure.

If you have a window removal blade, the process is simplified.

Here is a link that shows the process of removing a generic windshield... of course, this flat piece of glass is far easier to remove than a windshield. Can be done in a few minutes (not including removing the seats).

Glass Removal and Installation

Alternatively, your local window replacement folks will have a pneumatic "windshield knife" tool that makes the removal of the old window very simple.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Let go nuts...

1: -$45 - Amarao
2: -$40 - Dragon
3: -$35 - bibbly
4: -$35 - Bender Unit
5: -$30
7: -$30
8: -$25
9: -$25
10: -$25

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Here is a link that shows the process of removing a generic windshield... of course, this flat piece of glass is far easier to remove than a windshield. Can be done in a few minutes (not including removing the seats).

Glass Removal and Installation

Alternatively, your local window replacement folks will have a pneumatic "windshield knife" tool that makes the removal of the old window very simple.
As noted in the link above, window can break during removal. Ask me how I know.. :) I imagine using a pneumatic knife is almost a guarantee of a broken rear window.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The CF is from a top notch supplier, everything is made and produced in the USA. The sound will be slightly different than glass, but not a big difference.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The pretty ones will be all machined at once... Pictures then.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
1: -$45 - Amarao
2: -$40 - Dragon
3: -$35 - bibbly
4: -$35 - Bender Unit
5: -$35

Let's get to six and I'll get this batch built... another $5 off for anyone who orders by this Friday... :up:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay - #5 will also get $35 off of the price, and I'll make them when I get order #5.

PM me.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts