The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Group buy! Reverie 1650mm and 1245mm wing!!!

Hi, I'm starting a group buy on the Reverie 1650mm wing. It is a very functionnal wing. It's been tested in a wind tunnel and the wing produces huge amount of down force. Expect over 300lbs when combined with a front splitter and canards.

This is actual working aero. Great for track junkies wanting to improve their lap times.

Here is some info on the wing.
Wind tunnel testing: http://www.reverie.ltd.uk/Downloads/ReVerie_Wind_Tunnel_Test_Session.pdf
Wing info:
ReVerie CF Motorsport Rear Wing 1650mm for the Lotus Elise and Exige

All we need is four persons to get 10% off the already lowered 2177$ retail. The exige 1245mm tailgate mounted wing is also available for 2150$, the same 10% will apply. The Exige wing bolts on the stock mounting point in minutes. No drilling required.

The lucky four are:
1-Darth G-F :coolnana:
2-viloprods (1245mm Exige wing) :coolnana:
3-4-alvinjamur (1245mm Exige wing) :coolnana:
4-Gripp :coolnana:
5-Geezer :coolnana:

If you want to join in, hurry up, before its too late!!!

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang Darth...I do want!

but 2 grand...
Yeah, I know it's expensive. But people pay hundreds on non-functionnal, pure bling parts. This is actually one of the few parts done right and totally functionnal. Think about it, designed by Simon McBeath (author of many books and articles on aerodynamics), tested in wind tunnel (with data for different set-ups), pre-preg, created especially for our cars.

Plus Reverie stuff means top notch quality and great re-sale value. Have you tried buying a used diffuser (or any Reverie part) lately? They sell in minutes at 80% of retail price.

If you want one, it's now or never!!!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
how about a group buy on the 1250mm? tailgate exige wing?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Seriously considering it.
Any feedback from Elise owners having used it on the track? I'm wondering how much turbulence the rear deck cutout takes away from function. Can anyone who has it on an Elise chime in...and give me more pictures from other angles on an Elise?
Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
how about a group buy on the 1250mm? tailgate exige wing?
I agree - How about adding the option for the 1250mm wing in the group buy?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am pretty sure the 1250mm Exige wing would qualify has it is the same price and probably not more complex to built than the 1650mm.

So if you're interested in an 1250mm Exige wing please confirm so I can add you to the list.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seriously considering it.
Any feedback from Elise owners having used it on the track? I'm wondering how much turbulence the rear deck cutout takes away from function. Can anyone who has it on an Elise chime in...and give me more pictures from other angles on an Elise?
Thanks
That's why I chose the high mounts for my wing. I am buying the 223mm mounts (the mounts in the picture are 93mm). The wing will be positioned higher and will get cleaner air, produce more downforce and creates less drag for the same DF level.

It think it will also clear the rear view mirror (at least it does in the cardboard version I did to test the different mount options).

The higher mounts are a no-cost option.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,342 Posts
That's why I chose the high mounts for my wing. I am buying the 223mm mounts (the mounts in the picture are 93mm). The wing will be positioned higher and will get cleaner air, produce more downforce and creates less drag for the same DF level.

It think it will also clear the rear view mirror (at least it does in the cardboard version I did to test the different mount options).

The higher mounts are a no-cost option.
I believe the lower mount provide adequate downforce. In fact without Canards it adds some high speed understeer that I, and others, have noticed at speed. Every 1650mmm wing we've sold has come with the lower mounts.

I do agree that the higher mount will provide better visibility.

Jeff is right about the quality. ReVerie wings are superb.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Yeah, I know it's expensive. But people pay hundreds on non-functionnal, pure bling parts. This is actually one of the few parts done right and totally functionnal. Think about it, designed by Simon McBeath (author of many books and articles on aerodynamics), tested in wind tunnel (with data for different set-ups), pre-preg, created especially for our cars.

Plus Reverie stuff means top notch quality and great re-sale value. Have you tried buying a used diffuser (or any Reverie part) lately? They sell in minutes at 80% of retail price.

If you want one, it's now or never!!!
Funny you should mention....I did pick up a Reverie 5 element off someone from the forum...

Regarding mounts, I like the height of Peter's wing on his car:

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
^ Are you selling your GUT?
Me, no, I'm keeping my setup for now...but there are very tempting options out there...the Reverie looks sweet.
APR has one as well...check out Manly's setup.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Damn, I shouldn't be spending money... I guess count me in if I can get it for under $2k shipped. AFAIR, the 1250 is cheaper than 1650.

you still have to get these clearcoated right?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn, I shouldn't be spending money... I guess count me in if I can get it for under $2k shipped. AFAIR, the 1250 is cheaper than 1650.

you still have to get these clearcoated right?
The 1250mm is 27$ less...

Not sure if I should count you in or not. I have no idea what the shipping will be. But you live in CA, why don't just go to S111 and pick it up?

Think about it and let me know.

·
Registered
428 Posts
:wallbang: I wish this was happening when i bought mine! This is a really good deal guys!

Is there any way that I could just get the taller wing mounts out of this? Or maybe I just need to talk to Sector...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts