The Lotus Cars Community banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Deal still on

I won't take delivery until Summer '05 or so, but will get the guard, but rather get it as inexpensive as possible and installed by a shop that does it all the time. So, is the group discount for delivery still available? BTW, I'm buying in AZ but live in CO, any good installers in CO?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
delliott00 said:
Hey SCCClearbra.... check your PMs.

I'm interested in if we can extend this sale a bit?

Thanks!

-Dave
'05 Lotus Elise (BRP, Touring, Hardtop)
'00 Porsche 996 C2
'03 Evolution VIII
'89 BMW M3
You can find 3M clear bra on ebay for $355. Same coverage as starshield.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I don't know, I got confused. :confused:

Less than 2 months to go for me.

I'm looking at getting everything and having it installed in Atlanta. I'm a bit worried about driving it down to Florida and getting chips in the paint before I can get it protected. Duct tape could provide a temp solution though :p

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
BrokenR1;use painters tape,it will come off much more easily than duct tape:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
BrokenR1 said:
I'm looking at getting everything and having it installed in Atlanta. I'm a bit worried about driving it down to Florida and getting chips in the paint before I can get it protected. Duct tape could provide a temp solution though :p
http://www.speedfilm.net/index.html

If you are looking for an expert install try these people, I have heard a lot of good comments on their work. In the end the install carries more weight than anything else.

I had my clear bra installed before I even signed the paperwork on my Z06 a few years ago. I can assure you it looks better than most other installs I have seen, sooo I don't mind that I thought it was pricey at first! I know know I got more than I paid for! The best thing is the car is worth more because I have it on, so if I sold it today the net would be a 'free' clear bra - as the premium the car has is bigger than what I paid for the bra in the first place!!

Looking at the Elise, without the stuff on the sides the paint doesn't stand a chance. I have replaced the pieces behind the rear wheels on the Z06 after about 24 mo as they were pretty beat up. If I didn't have them there wouldn't be any paint left....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here are the updated kits that XPel has now. I request them to do some extra areas that everyone has been wanting. The prices below are the retail prices. If you are wanting a deal, just let me know. I would also only recommend 3m Film. I have heard bad experiences with other films. Most of them do not have a clear coat over the film. 3m does have the clear coat.

[email protected]

2005 Elise: Paint Protection Products ** P4102
Hood and Mirror kit Our Price: $249.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P4102A Bumper kit Our Price: $269.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P4102B Rocker Panel kit Our Price: $259.95

P4102C Door Sill and Rocker Panel Kit
Our Price: $399.95

P4102D Wheel Opening Kit Our Price: $119.95

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Headlight Protection Products H4102
Headlamp and Fog Lamp kit Our Price: $69.95

·
Registered
521 Posts
auto clear guard said:
Here are the updated kits that XPel has now. I request them to do some extra areas that everyone has been wanting. The prices below are the retail prices. If you are wanting a deal, just let me know. I would also only recommend 3m Film. I have heard bad experiences with other films. Most of them do not have a clear coat over the film. 3m does have the clear coat.

[email protected]

2005 Elise: Paint Protection Products ** P4102
Hood and Mirror kit Our Price: $249.95

P4102A Bumper kit Our Price: $269.95

P4102B Rocker Panel kit Our Price: $259.95

P4102C Door Sill and Rocker Panel Kit
Our Price: $399.95

P4102D Wheel Opening Kit Our Price: $119.95

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Headlight Protection Products H4102
Headlamp and Fog Lamp kit Our Price: $69.95
The prices are a bit different on your site. It shows,

Hood and Mirror kit $224.95
Bumper kit $242.96
Door Sill and Rocker Panel Kit Our Price: $359.96
Wheel Opening Kit $107.95
Headlamp and Fog Lamp kit $69.95
Total $ 1,005.77

Are there any other pieces still that's not listed on your site?
What deal will you give me now for all of these?
What is shipping and how long will it take to Lotus of Atlanta?
Who is a recommended installer that will gaurantee the installation in the Atlanta area?
Will you install it and How much would you charge to do it?
How many questions can I ask in a row?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well I picked it up Friday, and even though I cancelled it, it still had the Starshield. If it was something I truly didn't want I'd be pissed but as it was something I didn't mind I let it go. They wouldn't take the price of it off but it couldn've been worse I guess. I guess I'll look and see what pieces there are that cover different areas than the starshield and just get those done now.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.