The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else running the boe CAI on a 20-21 GT? I’ve tried every way I can imagine to get this in and lined up, but I cannot figure it out.

This is the major issue I’m having lining this up or getting enough room to get the canister closer to the intake on the side of the car and out of the engine compartment. If I push canister further in it pinches the hose closed. If I try to pass on the right (far side)it’s impossible to line up with throttle body and it’s a hard 90 degree turn and then some to reach fresh air intake.
Blue is a brace from rear chassis to rear passenger compartment
Red is coolant reservoir with hose running out the bottom.
‘Green arrow is the BOE air filter canister and direction to engine
Black is fuel shut off switch.
Yellow is the direction for fresh air intake from car

Automotive tire Electrical wiring Gas Cable Wire

This picture is engine bay with canister attempting to pass coolant tank on the right.
impossible to make the turn to throttle body.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

it seems to me that anyway I can make it reasonably fit csuses too many kinks and turns for air flow.

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
317 Posts

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Font Bumper

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This first picture is the most logical placement from the throttle body to MAF to filter canister, but the second picture from the wheel well puts the inlet to the canister on the wheel well liner and an impossible 90 degree turn. If it would make it, it would have to be an S bend and I’m not sure a 4” hose will make it.
Red arrow is fresh air inlet in car
Yellow line is almost a straight shot from end of canister to fresh air inlet. No way a 4” hose will make the necessary bends.
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Light Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a cai installed on the GT without any placement issues from what I can see.
And that makes sense. That’s the logical way to install and I show mine exactly like that in one of my pictures.
But how does the fresh air get in? With the CAI installed the way you show it should present the same challenge I’m facing. There’s no way to make the 90 bend to the fresh air inlet. And with the wheel liner installed you can’t see it. So my question is, did they just leave it to breath there or did they somehow get it to the inlet in the car?

Hood Light Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
43 Posts
And that makes sense. That’s the logical way to install and I show mine exactly like that in one of my pictures.
But how does the fresh air get in? With the CAI installed the way you show it should present the same challenge I’m facing. There’s no way to make the 90 bend to the fresh air inlet. And with the wheel liner installed you can’t see it. So my question is, did they just leave it to breath there or did they somehow get it to the inlet in the car?

View attachment 1324545
I'm wrapping up a oil change now, I will pull the wheel and take a look

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,721 Posts
Looks like a need for a 3D printed 90 degree bend....

Reactions: NorCalGT
1 - 20 of 51 Posts