1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
The factory cover has 4 frangible (breakable) one-time use clips to hold it in place. When the airbag deploys, there is a strap attached to the cover to retain it and keep it from hitting the occupants. I don't know if the clips are included, but before you install the cover I'd buy some replacement clips since you'll need them for installation. I've attached a couple of pages from the service parts manual for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The factory cover has 4 frangible (breakable) one-time use clips to hold it in place. When the airbag deploys, there is a strap attached to the cover to retain it and keep it from hitting the occupants. I don't know if the clips are included, but before you install the cover I'd buy some replacement clips since you'll need them for installation. I've attached a couple of pages from the service parts manual for reference.
Thanks, JB, is that what you drive daily in the background?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
... is that what you drive daily in the background?
If you're referring to the Elise in the background, it's my semi-daily driver. If you were talking about the F-16, I don't pilot them, I maintained them for 23+ years.

I did get a ride once, it was the greatest experience I've ever had. I got to do the flying for about 20 minutes and it was amazing how connected you felt to the aircraft; a combination of the seating position and the intuitive flight controls, you feel as one with the aircraft. Obviously, it's a different experience, but I feel that same connectedness with my Elise.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're referring to the Elise in the background, it's my semi-daily driver. If you were talking about the F-16, I don't pilot them, I maintained them for 23+ years.

I did get a ride once, it was the greatest experience I've ever had. I got to do the flying for about 20 minutes and it was amazing how connected you felt to the aircraft; a combination of the seating position and the intuitive flight controls, you feel as one with the aircraft. Obviously, it's a different experience, but I feel that same connectedness with my Elise.
Wow, an F16 would definitely be an E-ticket ride - I don't even want to know the cost per minute of flight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts