The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These arrived today and after a very easy 10 minute install they are on. Really look great and goes very well with my GRP carbon fiber barge boards and carbon fiber hatch and access panel my car came with. Thanks Greg for usual great service!

·
Happy To Be Here
804 Posts
Those look awesome! Far better than the fake carbon that Lotus prints on the plastic cover. Thumbs up to GRP for making the part better than OEM!

If it were me, I'd throw some PPF on those while they're still perfect. My mirrors get covered in bugs every time I drive!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had PPF on the stock and I actually tried to remove from them to put on until I can bring car in, failed miserably

·
Happy To Be Here
804 Posts
I had PPF on the stock and I actually tried to remove from them to put on until I can bring car in, failed miserably
It looks like Xpel has a kit and you can buy precut film for the Evora 400. It comes with the film for the top of the hood and access panel, but perhaps you could call them and see if you can buy just the mirrors. Otherwise if a good vinyl shop can get the files from Xpel, you could order from them.

https://www.xpel.com/Hood-and-Mirror-Kit-ULTIMATE-PLUS_151

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks but I already learned today I'm not good at working with sticky stuff. I will just bring to my local shop I use. Funny thing is will probably cost me close to what I paid for mirrors. It's great being able to buy these parts without exotic tax

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like a easy and looks like a sweet upgrade so I just ordered some to continue my addiction to CF.
What is the procedure to remove the factory ones and install the CF ones?

Thanks!

·
Banned
157 Posts
How does one install a new roof on the Evora? Cut the old one out and weld the new one on?? If new one is carbon, how does it mount?

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like a easy and looks like a sweet upgrade so I just ordered some to continue my addiction to CF.
What is the procedure to remove the factory ones and install the CF ones?

Thanks!
They are just on with clips, start at bottom and work your way up

·
Happy To Be Here
804 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know - How does one install a new CF roof on the Evora?

Cut the old one out and weld the new one on?
If the B is for Build video is anything to go off of, the roof panel is glued on. What’s more, the top seal to the windshield goes on top of the front lip of the roof, meaning you might have to take your windshield out to replace the roof. Continuing forward, that means you might have to remove the front clam to remove the windshield. The old roof would likely need to be cut off in small pieces, so there’s no going back after you start.

In other words, if you want a CF roof, you’d better reeeeaally want one.

·
Illegal Alien
4,598 Posts
Nice part to upgrade with, does anyone make a CF roof for the Evora 400?
. Lotus and Technocraft make them, other than the 3 to 4 grand for the roof, it is rather major surgery to cut off the old one.

·
Banned
157 Posts
If the B is for Build video is anything to go off of, the roof panel is glued on. What’s more, the top seal to the windshield goes on top of the front lip of the roof, meaning you might have to take your windshield out to replace the roof. Continuing forward, that means you might have to remove the front clam to remove the windshield. The old roof would likely need to be cut off in small pieces, so there’s be no going back after you start.

In other words, if you want a CF roof, you’d better reeeeaally want one.
That procedure sounds painful just to read about. No thank you for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts