The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered upper and lower headlight halos for my 05 Elise and wanted to get some tips if anyone had them. i saw a video of a guy installing them with zero cutting, or removing the lens? That's the best case scenario, but i would cut the housing on the bottom if i had to. just wondering if anyone had any experience with these if they light up much of the road at night, as they're said to have a small flooding effect, and wanted to know how much. ty! ill post pics when they're installed.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I have them and didn't require any cutting tbh. Most use silicone to place it on. Not sure if you removed your headlights before, but on the 05s, the glass cover actually comes off the housing. It's not baked on or anything. Just a rubber seal in between held on tight by 3 bolts from under the liner. Easily maneuverable to put the halos on. As far as lighting the road, DO NOT count on them at all for visibility. It doesn't do much and not meant for it at all. Good luck with your install.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have them and didn't require any cutting tbh. Most use silicone to place it on. Not sure if you removed your headlights before, but on the 05s, the glass cover actually comes off the housing. It's not baked on or anything. Just a rubber seal in between held on tight by 3 bolts from under the liner. Easily maneuverable to put the halos on. As far as lighting the road, DO NOT count on them at all for visibility. It doesn't do much and not meant for it at all. Good luck with your install.
yeah I've taken both housings off multiple times to change bulbs & clean the lenses, and the front wheel liners stays off the car. Glad to hear I don't have to cut anything

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just ordered some as well. It was pretty easy to heat up the headlight with a heat gun and pull the lens off the pods. I wanted to reclear the lenses as well so now when the halos show up it’s easy to silicone them to the pods without the lens in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered some as well. It was pretty easy to heat up the headlight with a heat gun and pull the lens off the pods. I wanted to reclear the lenses as well so now when the halos show up it’s easy to silicone them to the pods without the lens in place.
mine just arrived in the mail today. and I gotta say, for a special order item arriving in six days i'm impressed with the shipping time. I opened them up to inspect the quality and they seem to be sturdy, and they came with a very large bottle of adhesive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts