The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Evora GT comes with a glossy carbon fiber instrument cowl. Unfortunately this causes a lot of reflections in the windshield, especially when driving at night.

I’m thinking of buying GRP’s matte cowl to replace it with. Has anyone done this before? How’s the reflections?

The matte cowl also seems to be shaped differently to the factory glossy part; the glossy one has more indentations along the top side. Wonder if that’s intentional?

An alternative is to get my detailing shop to apply matte PPF to the built in pieces…

·
Super Moderator
2005 Lotus Elise
1,900 Posts
Your other option would to spray it with a clear matt paint. PPF installation to such a curved piece may be difficult and/or become a recurring problem.

Reactions: drahardja

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the way, how can I get instructions on how to assemble/disassemble this part of the dash? From the GRP part it looks like the pieces just snap on. Is that correct?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Evora GT comes with a glossy carbon fiber instrument cowl. Unfortunately this causes a lot of reflections in the windshield, especially when driving at night.

I’m thinking of buying GRP’s matte cowl to replace it with. Has anyone done this before? How’s the reflections?

View attachment 1289783

The matte cowl also seems to be shaped differently to the factory glossy part; the glossy one has more indentations along the top side. Wonder if that’s intentional?

An alternative is to get my detailing shop to apply matte PPF to the built in pieces…
Looks very cool!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts