The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Nice first post and video guide! (y)

One thing to mention is that there are several key parts that run through the side sill/rocker panel where someone may drill (cooling pipes, wiring etc.). Julian73 first pointed this out in '14 and warned everyone about.... "the main body wiring harness routed along the LHS (Driver side on US cars) rocker panel is mounted flush to the lower body". So, when drilling blindly into the rocker panel, it would seem that using a drill stop while drilling would be a very prudent move. Although, each car could be slightly different so drilling that area may or may not be an issue.

Please see thread:

Of course, I do not know if GRP's mounting holes are in the exact same location as say HK Fever's barge boards, or even the original Lotus barge boards. But, I would assume they are in a similar location and thus require similarly positioned holes.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice first post and video guide! (y)

One thing to mention is that there are several key parts that run through the side sill/rocker panel where someone may drill (cooling pipes, wiring etc.). Julian73 first pointed this out in '14 and warned everyone about.... "the main body wiring harness routed along the LHS (Driver side on US cars) rocker panel is mounted flush to the lower body". So, when drilling blindly into the rocker panel, it would seem that using a drill stop while drilling would be a very prudent move. Although, each car could be slightly different so drilling that area may or may not be an issue.

Please see thread:

Of course, I do not know if GRP's mounting holes are in the exact same location as say HK Fever's barge boards, or even the original Lotus barge boards. But, I would assume they are in a similar location and thus require similarly positioned holes.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!!

Thanks for the info. Woulda been GREAT to know before I started drilling haha.

Also, maybe this should be moved to the "How-To's" section? Mods? Sorry I missed that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts