The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been running the V2 GRP tail lights for a while and though mine needed a resistor to prevent speed blinking, I installed it as Greg sent me one. Well the resistor over heated and shorted my light out. Little upset that this is an issue and now I’m out taillights. Anyone else have this happen? I’ve been very happy with GRP products with this exception.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't know those particular lights but I can tell you the resistor is going to get quite hot, that is nomal. It's going to be something around 30 watts to dissipate when the lights are lit. What you have there doesn't look adequate to dissapte that much heat. I would buy some 50 watt resistors that are build into heat sinks. And don't wrap them in heat shrink

·
Vendor
1,213 Posts
I’ve been running the V2 GRP tail lights for a while and though mine needed a resistor to prevent speed blinking, I installed it as Greg sent me one. Well the resistor over heated and shorted my light out. Little upset that this is an issue and now I’m out taillights. Anyone else have this happen? I’ve been very happy with GRP products with this exception.
Just responded to your email.
Looks like that resistor is actually wired into the brake light power wire, not turn signals judging by the pictures.
We will help you get it sorted out.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The part that kills me is Greg at GRP sent me that resistor or recommended that one for me, can’t remember.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just responded to your email.
Looks like that resistor is actually wired into the brake light power wire, not turn signals judging by the pictures.
We will help you get it sorted out.
Greg...just got your response. Thank you. Brake light and blinker works....tail light stopped working not too long ago. Other sides lights all work.

·
* Acme Super Moderator * ** The Enforcer **
6,876 Posts
Greg seems to be working with you. Maybe see what happens before you get upset?
This. I'm not a fan of people posting something publicly before giving the person/business the opportunity to resolve the issue. This is San the forum member speaking, although I believe San the moderator would share my opinion. @oldmansan do you agree?

San

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This. I'm not a fan of people posting something publicly before giving the person/business the opportunity to resolve the issue. This is San the forum member speaking, although I believe San the moderator would share my opinion. @oldmansan do you agree?

San
I understand what you’re saying. It wasn’t meant to bash GRP by any means. I was asking if anyone else had this issue. Greg has contacted me and he’s going to make everything good to go. Thank you Greg.

·
* Acme Super Moderator * ** The Enforcer **
6,876 Posts
I understand what you’re saying. It wasn’t meant to bash GRP by any means. I was asking if anyone else had this issue. Greg has contacted me and he’s going to make everything good to go. Thank you Greg.
He was going to make it right anyway. You can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.

San

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
As others have mentioned, Greg will make it right and seems he's in process with you already on that. Definitely reach out to Greg first on any issues with his products as he will always work with you. Good luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had one of my V2 GRP tail lights arrive DOA last year. I emailed Greg and he immediately expedite shipped a new one out to me, as well as linked me to a prepaid shipping label to send the broken unit back to him.
In fact, service was so good that less than 6 months later I've ordered the V3 and I am patiently waiting on them...so I have some V2's for sale if you need them :)

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update? I hope it all worked out...
Hey guys. Sorry, I’ve been away. I’ve talked with Greg...they’re going to take a look at the faulty light. Not too concerned with getting the help I need! I’ll be shipping the light out to him most likely this weekend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts