Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Stainless

Votes: 1 11.1%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd start a thread for this exhaust as I know many people have been wanting an aftermarket exhaust for the 400/GTs.

Just got my titanium version today and have some unboxing pictures.

First off extremely well packed vs some other exhausts I've bought in the past.
Bag Rectangle Textile Couch Luggage and bags

Dress Sleeve Textile Pink One-piece garment

Couch Comfort Material property studio couch Pillow

Automotive tire Wood Jewellery Automotive wheel system Metal

Light Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar Steering wheel Plumbing

Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Sleeve Bicycle fork Automotive tire

Sleeve Silver Gas Auto part Personal protective equipment

Musical instrument Wind instrument Brass instrument Automotive exhaust Gas

Can swap the tip out very easily
Finger Gas Personal protective equipment Auto part Metal

Gas Automotive exhaust Kitchen utensil Tableware Electric blue

Next up to take some before videos and see if I can get this installed.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Looks like it's very well made and love the fact that the tip is easy to change and/or adjust the "twist" as I remember seeing another brand (don't remember which) that once installed the tip was not straight.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thanks Zach!
Weighed it in at 8.8lbs with the clamps vs 33.8 for the stock muffler with clamp. So a nice 25lb weight savings.
We have some videos and pictures on our IG that I will be getting loaded up on the site asap.
Very reasonably priced for a titanium exhaust and the 25 lb savings is nothing to scoff at. Nice job Greg.

Woudl love to see videos and sound clips. Stock exhaust sounds awesome with the 3rd cat delete so any aftermatket setup has a high bar to beat.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Grey
974 Posts
Looks like it's very well made and love the fact that the tip is easy to change and/or adjust the "twist" as I remember seeing another brand (don't remember which) that once installed the tip was not straight.
That was definitely a problem with the Larini exhausts being sold for the S1 Evoras. My slash tips on my Larini had a droop and needed to be swapped out after initial installation. Don’t get me wrong, Sector111 was great about getting a replacement, but the adjustment that tip had was up and down/left to right, no twist. This is a better spot to have a joint, giving in and out/clockwise to counterclockwise.

·
Registered
338 Posts
That was definitely a problem with the Larini exhausts being sold for the S1 Evoras. My slash tips on my Larini had a droop and needed to be swapped out after initial installation. Don’t get me wrong, Sector111 was great about getting a replacement, but the adjustment that tip had was up and down/left to right, no twist. This is a better spot to have a joint, giving in and out/clockwise to counterclockwise.
The TopSpeed full Ti exhausts for the S1 cars also had this same problem. The big oval tip was left slightly rotated too much and the side to side was off as well on some cars. I can tell you that mine didn't fit horribly per se, but it also wasn't great. That said, 2 pry bars + the hollow Ti exhaust hanger tubes on the TopSpeed exhaust = an easy thing to fix once you manipulate it a bit. TopSpeed never actually corrected this through the years, but they clearly learned the lesson and noted the issue as seen in the new S2 tips design.

I will say, I had a few issues with the hangers over time but TopSpeed was very responsive and excellent to work with in order to get these issues sorted.

·
Vendor
1,343 Posts
Videos almost never seem to do exhaust justice but we did our best.
A few things to note on the new titanium system:
  • We worked directly with TopSpeed to develop this system using an oem 400 muffler for the fixture to ensure the best possible fit.
  • The overall increase in decibals isnt drastic but there is an overall bump at any given throttle position and load on the engine.
  • The largest increase is down low -- the off idle throttle to mid range increase sound excellent, its much more throaty and a deeper tone.
  • Up top of the rpm range the exhaust has a bit more "wail" and sounds a tad more exotic in my opinion.
  • With the valve closed the car no longer sounds like a sewing machine but its tame enough to fire the car up and drive through the neighborhood early in the morning.
-As mentioned above the design with the clamp on tip is nice so you can dial in the for/aft and angled postion of the tips in relation to the diffuser and rear bumper.
-Also having the tip clamp on will make it much easier to install a "Laguna Pipe" if needed for the track -- even the stock exhaust wont pass sound at Laguna etc. so its needed either way.
-The inlet tubing is ever so slightly larger than the oem muffler is and has 4 small slits in it so install and removal is MUCH easier than the oem muffler onto our decat or the original cat pipe.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I should know when to expect more this week sometime.
We will receive titanium and stainless versions in our next batch.
Stainless pricing is tbd right now but is typically about 60ish% of titanium retail.
Hey Greg,
I'm not seeing this TI exhaust on your site for the 400/GT. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
305 Posts
I thought that I was done spending money on this car!?! And now you offer this work of art?? Damn you, Greg and your racing parts!
Right? Those bastards! 😂

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got it installed, the install was super easy as Greg mentioned the decat pipe fits in perfectly. I didn't even need to lift the car to swap it.

Really like the sound from the little bit I have run it. Was getting late so didn't want to rev it much but its a deeper note and to me it makes normal idle sound like stock sport mode.

My stock exhaust is slightly different than the real OEM one but weighs in around the same.
Gas Cylinder Auto part Machine Automotive exterior
Household hardware Wall Material property Gas Auto part

Video of my car, to be taken with a grain of salt honestly as this car isn't a 400/GT from the factory. There is a vibration when the valve is closed due to the diffuser still being connected to the car with a stuck bolt.

Will get more photos installed in the daylight.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I should know when to expect more this week sometime.
We will receive titanium and stainless versions in our next batch.
Stainless pricing is tbd right now but is typically about 60ish% of titanium retail.
Greg, I heard from TopSpeed today via IG that they “do not expect to receive another shipment of anything before the end of the year”. I only say this because I’m in talks with them to sell me just the Y with tips piece alone so I can hack off the slip joint part as well as my oval tip and have it welded up (with a slight piping reducer added also, of course).

I mean this just from whatever employee also manages the IG account, so maybe you’ll get different info.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts