The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking for opinions on the GT-4 wing... looking at the multi piece design over the 1 piece.. ebay, etc...

which is the best? Looking at the HK Fever version...

any inputs would be appreciated!

(2017 evora 400)

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
I dropped a GT4 wing on my MY13 Evora and love the look. The trunk lid sure moves around more with the downforce the wing creates. I had to add a bit of paint protection film around the trunk to prevent paint damage from the parts rubbing.

One thing you’ll have to worry about with a 400 is the holes left by the factory wing that will be left open in the center of the trunk lid. You could use some small plastic plugs if you can stand that look, otherwise you might have to fill with fiberglass and repaint that portion of the trunk lid.

I’m a fan of all the GT4 wings, got mine from Hethelsport. It’s one piece except for the end caps that are screwed on. Fit up well and retained the factory center tail light.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
If you are strictly looking for a multi-piece, the HKFEVER version fits that bill and like the rest of Charles' parts, they are truly a work of art.

(By the way, good to see you still on the forum Charles!)

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
It looks decent in the photos, but it is shipping from China. If anything goes wrong, you might not have a good way to correct the issue.

Three things that stand out to me as issues are the wing on the car aren’t the same as the rest of the pics (no bolts in the end plates), there is no string shown to be able to thread the cable for the brake light, and they mention self tapping screws. All the bolt holes in my WinAce/Hethelsport wing had threaded inserts and should not have tapping bolts.

I’ve personally not bought anything like this from an overseas vendor through eBay, and my take would be to not trust it. I would trust one of the distributors in the US or HKFever, and that’s about it. That way there’s a method to resolve issues if any come up. But that’s me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts