The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, searched for information regarding what exactly happens at the Port once a Lotus arrives? Does anyone know exactly what the process is (I assume customs clearance, any Fed additions eg bumperettes etc)? How long is the process at VDC (vehicle delivery center) and how long is a reasonable timeframe from arrival to Dealer? I just received notice that the Evora GT I ordered will be at Port Oct 20 (assume this is Baltimore) but will not be ready at Dealer till 1st or 2nd week November. I live in S FL. Does this seem reasonable? Anyone have first-hand knowledge?

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Your port to delivery time frame seems about right based on when I ordered my S. I don't think there are exact time frames for each stage. For instance, Customs clearance may take one day or several. My S, after clearing Customs, had its Starshield applied at port in the Lotus version of a detail shop. I do not know exactly how long that added to the process. However, at that stage I believe they go over the vehicle looking for minor shipping damage that needs to be addressed. Of course, you car is probably not the only one coming at that time, so it may get backlogged behind other vehicles depending on issues.

Although we generally think Baltimore to S Florida is 15-18 hours, you have to remember that most trucks won't move from port unless they are full. They may also make several deliveries along the way before your car is actually offloaded. They could even pick up other cars while in transit. This will probably account for several days of its journey.

I kept in touch with my dealer who updated me almost daily as the delivery date was moving along. Perhaps your can do the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts