The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
13 Posts
I didn't have luck with getting the factory vinyl clean or close enough to the rest of the black pack. I had the vinyl replaced for a closer match and had it covered with stealth XPEL. The texture seems significantly easier to clean with the same products. The best product I personally used for the matte finish was from Dr. Beasley.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks zacho - Fortunately, it’s not near bad enough to replace at this time. But when that day comes I’ll do the same as you.
I’ll look into the Dr Beasley - thanks for the tip.

great looking 400!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Depends on what you’re finding hard to remove. If it’s hard water stains, do what @StressCraxx said and use some vinegar or a dedicated hard water stain remover to dissolve the calcium. If it’s sticky grease or rubber marks, spray on some Mothers R3 and leave it on for a minute, then wipe it down with car wash solution.

If your decals are damaged, you can buy replacement ones. You can ask a vinyl shop to help you remove your old one safely and apply the new one if you are afraid of marring the paint.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
575 Posts
Has anyone tried 303 Aerospace Protectant? I bought some for my Miata's soft top and now use it as tire dressing, but would it work on this type of vinyl?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts