The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had always been skeptical of the discussion I heard about the high mark up on GT-Rs. However, I personally know of one that sold for $102,000 last week. :eek:That's pretty obscene. Also it sounds like some of the cars that are beiing shipped to the US are being snapped up abroad and being shipped right back across the big pond. If the dollar stays weak, that may keep the demand for GT-Rs higher in the US for longer than expected.
Chris

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Probably the same person who'll be trying to sell it next year on eBay since they're bored of it. Must be nice to be implusive with lotsa cash! :)

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably someone in Dubai, who is tired of spending so much time on the world's largest indoor ski slope.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Anyone who buys a Lotus, Jag, Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche, etc and says that at least part of their decision isn't based on 'posing' is a liar. Posing in a GT-R or that new Lotus Evora(?) is like saying, 'hi, yes, I know it is fugly, but please get in and I'll show you it is really fast." "Did I mention this car sells for $100k?" ... "Yes, I get it, it is fugly, but I am NOT a poser and that does not matter to me at all!"

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Alot of money for a car that's been called "boring" and "soul-less" on the street (which is where most people's time will be spent with the car unless they make them dedicated track toys).

(called boring and soul-less by our buddies over at TopGear--during the episode of the GT-R versus the Bullet Train)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Maybe they purposely made it so ugly to scare away the posers?

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Anyone who buys a Lotus, Jag, Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche, etc and says that at least part of their decision isn't based on 'posing' is a liar. Posing in a GT-R or that new Lotus Evora(?) is like saying, 'hi, yes, I know it is fugly, but please get in and I'll show you it is really fast." "Did I mention this car sells for $100k?" ... "Yes, I get it, it is fugly, but I am NOT a poser and that does not matter to me at all!"
Are you saying the Evora is fugly? Yet you drive a Celica? You're definately not a poser! rotfl

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
^^^ Look's like Flash has "." as part of his sig or something?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Wow, looks like he bought the car just to flip it

Also, why do you put "."s after each post? :p
I have a busy signature. So I do it to separate my post from my sig.

·
Registered
912 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Alot of money for a car that's been called "boring" and "soul-less" on the street (which is where most people's time will be spent with the car unless they make them dedicated track toys).

(called boring and soul-less by our buddies over at TopGear--during the episode of the GT-R versus the Bullet Train)
I have a busy signature. So I do it to separate my post from my sig.

Quite clever.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If I said the brand didnt matter, I would be lying, I want something that reflects me (same reason why beetle is a chick car). A Datsun does not, its doesnt have any heritage, even if the car was the most expensive car is the world and worlds fastest. most of the people here jsudge cars by its cost (if its 200k +, its an exotic, some BS like that).

Oh, its ugly too, how many people are digging the panamera?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts