The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Evora owners,

I have a '20 GT, and while it's a totally silly issue, I can't help but ask, to see if it's just me. I do find this annoying/uncomfortable.

I get in, and buckle up, and the belt seems twisted. It has a half twist between the buckle and the shoulder, so to me, that says, if they installed it the OTHER way, it'd lie smooth. Anyone else notice this? Or is it just me?

And no, you can't just move the twist below the buckle, since it's a half twist, it would make the buckle face the wrong way.

(and if it is wrong, will the dealer correct it?)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btw - admittedly, in the picture, it looks like, "hey Carphoria, just untwist it, above the shoulder" but no, then it has a twist right near the retractor thing, and as that's the part that saves your life, I want that to be smooth flowing.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,718 Posts
You can take the retractor off and or where it bolts to the seat... not sure on Evora If lap is bolted to seat or frame, then untwist it. I had to do this in my Exige on both sides.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can take the retractor off and or where it bolts to the seat... not sure on Evora If lap is bolted to seat or frame, then untwist it. I had to do this in my Exige on both sides.
Funny, I had to do that on my old Elise, but as it had harnesses I was replacing, I figured the previous owner had messed up.

I'll need to look at how buried the retractor is, it's not as exposed as it is in the Exige/Elise.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
It's probably easier to unbolt the anchor at the sill, flip it over once, then re-bolt it, and then flip the buckle around by folding the belt over itself, then pull the buckle down over the cross.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
I feel your pain. Our first Lexus LC had them like this, they all did, from the factory. I was relieved that the convertible LC we got a couple months back has them in the “normal“ configuration.

·
Loves to talk
1,480 Posts
It's probably easier to unbolt the anchor at the sill, flip it over once, then re-bolt it, and then flip the buckle around by folding the belt over itself, then pull the buckle down over the cross.
Say that again please! I am slow on the take-up for this one. I tried folding the belt over itself and pulling it through but couldn't manage it.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Say that again please! I am slow on the take-up for this one. I tried folding the belt over itself and pulling it through but couldn't manage it.
Most all buckles can be reversed on a belt if you twist the belt, crease it (or make it as flat as possible), and pull the buckle over the "fold". Let me use my awesome Paint skills to illustrate:

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
120 Posts
Same way on my 400 on the passenger side. Drivers side is fine.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
724 Posts
I think this happens on a lot of cars when the belt gets "folded" and then someone pulls the buckle over the fold without realizing it. I've had to fix this on new cars, rental cars, you name it. Very common.

·
Premium Member
2020 Lotus Evora GT
77 Posts
my 20' GT with 2 miles on it also has this issue from the start. I also though... ohh just twist it, nope it then becomes flipped. So annoying lol

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my 20' GT with 2 miles on it also has this issue from the start. I also though... ohh just twist it, nope it then becomes flipped. So annoying lol
True, but I'm going to see how easily the bottom anchor is to access today. If so, a half flip there, and the agentDr8 method to turn the buckle around, should fix it.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Looks like the anchor is a sliding bar type. You might be able to unbolt one end and slide the belt loop off and flip it over.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like the anchor is a sliding bar type. You might be able to unbolt one end and slide the belt loop off and flip it over.

View attachment 1292579
Yup - issue is getting to those bolts, as they are BURRIED under carpet. I haven't looked hard yet, but, it may be a case of, for now, "the juice aint worth the squeeze"

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im pretty sure the belt orientation is intentional. My 21 GT is like this as was a 2018 400 I drove. Seems to work fine for me just need to think when grabbing it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yeah the bottom belt bolts are a REAL pain to get to (at least on S1s) there is a plastic cover over them that is glued to the floor and then the carpet on top and the side sills. And not a lot of space once you're there if the seat is still in etc etc

·
Premium Member
2021 Evora GT - AirForce Blue
11 Posts
Hi Evora owners,

I have a '20 GT, and while it's a totally silly issue, I can't help but ask, to see if it's just me. I do find this annoying/uncomfortable.

I get in, and buckle up, and the belt seems twisted. It has a half twist between the buckle and the shoulder, so to me, that says, if they installed it the OTHER way, it'd lie smooth. Anyone else notice this? Or is it just me?

And no, you can't just move the twist below the buckle, since it's a half twist, it would make the buckle face the wrong way.

View attachment 1292532

(and if it is wrong, will the dealer correct it?)

Thanks!
This will sound odd, but I got into the habit of buckling, then slide my left hand from the buckle up towards the back of the seat, and it pushes the “flip” to where it should be and keeps it off me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts