The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend wanted to swap cars, so I gave up my NA Evora for his GT2 for the afternoon.

I must say the GT2 acceleration is amazing, but the suspension will beat your teeth out. The car felt darty too. The clutch is heavy, really heavy and the transmission has this odd way of "catching" the gear (really positive engangement and disengagement of any given gear). The interior was nice, and the ingress/egress was easy. Overall impression, probably fun on the track, but not much fun on the street. Perhaps the "boring" turbo would be better.

Even if the prices were the same, I would take the Evora. Easy to drive and fast when you want it to be. Not to mention looks better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I'm happy with just a 911 cab as an alternate to the Evora if the top needs to be down. The GT series are definitely track oriented cars. The GT2RS is simply amazing - caster than the GT but not nearly as pretty :)

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I had the GT3 a few years back and yes, it was fast. About 15-20 MPH faster than the Evora. But as said above, it was much too hard. Great on track, but the suspension actually limited to speed on the Autobahn. The GT3 would actually jump half a lane left or right when you hit a highway bump. You would also hit your head on the roof quite often. Unfortunately the car ended in a crash - also due to its handling. I hit som slippery road surface and the back came around at about 150 MPH. Did rotate nicely in a straight line though, so just the front and back were damaged. I remember passing a truck while spinning.

The Evora has the much more subtle suspension and stays very well on the Autobahn as you can seeon my vids. No jumping around. Its actually so relaxing that you keep thinking it should just go faster.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ditto ^

Personally I'd take the GT2 anyday. I think it looks better, even, as well. Track inspired is where it's at.... I know I know.. not on the street though :p

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just did my first Auto X with Porsche Club of America this past weekend in my Lotus Evora, the instructor I had on board for the first couple of runs co-drives a GT3. On one run he drove my Evora, he had owned an Elise and Exige previously. Anyhow, he remarked at how well balanced the car was... of course not news to any owners, but he did love the Evora.

I did ride in the GT3 and it is an awesome car and I have driven an 06 model. But for less than 1/2 the cost I love the Evora.

·
Premium Member
6,246 Posts
Bingo on the Porsche handling on the street. They can get you in a world of hurt quick!!!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What did your mate think of the Evora?
He liked the Evora, started asking questions about price, options etc.... I did not push the conversation.

As people have mentioned, I think I might like the GT3 in its various trims better. GT2 was just not fun on the street. Reminds me of my Superformance Cobra with racing motor, just not "streetable."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts