The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
A significantly thinned wallet! You also need to find a solution for the 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No third brake light, but it can be added. Mine needed lots of fine body work done to it and painting it is a pain. Fit perfectly on the car except I needed to get larger bolts for it, stock ones were a smaller diameter.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
No third brake light, but it can be added. Mine needed lots of fine body work done to it and painting it is a pain. Fit perfectly on the car except I needed to get larger bolts for it, stock ones were a smaller diameter.
+1
Raw finish on them is... well, pretty raw. You have to remember they are deigned for race cars where they are looking for function over looks. Mine was quite wavy on the top and needed a lot of blocking to smooth it out. Fortunately, there was enough material to do that. Also, if painting it two tone (black top, body matching uprights) it is difficult to paint due to upright and underside of wing location in relation to each other.

As far as the loss of third brake light (CHMSL) goes, there are ways to work around it. Some examples in this thread page:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/what-did-you-do-your-evora-today-166185/index21.html

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Does $5k total sound about right? I generally am a good negotiator but trying to get an idea of where to start

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Without digging out my receipts, I believe I was just over that when finished. But, that included painting the third brake light housing I fabricated (didn't add too much to total). I also did the mock up and install myself.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your wing looks so great that I was hoping that you might consider selling me yours (of course with a friend to friend discount). It seems to me that that would be the easiest way to go, no? Might as well make it the cheapest way to go too. ;-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've ordered one and will update my post when it arrives and I have to prep/paint/install. As mentioned above, this could influence handling of the car. I am going to try to combat this will the Lotus barge boards. Time will tell because I did not get the GT4 bumper to finish off the build; rather I selected the Mansory bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Your wing looks so great that I was hoping that you might consider selling me yours (of course with a friend to friend discount). It seems to me that that would be the easiest way to go, no? Might as well make it the cheapest way to go too. ;-)
I can sell you the one off this car with a "friend discount" :D

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a gt4 wing painted completely silver to match my 13 Evora S. Wasn't sure if it looked a little ricerish, I don't think it does, still debating it over. Put the original back on for now, but will swap them depending upon the day and where I'm going. It really gives the car a more aggressive look though.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Buckwheat,
Where did you get the wing, how long did it take to get and how rough was the finish when you received it??

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought the car used with 2k miles. Previous owner purchased it from British Racing Group. Not sure who he had paint it but they did a fantastic job matching the metallic silver and the finish is really good. There are some rough spots on the interior lip of the wing, but you would not know unless you ran your finger along it. Not sure how long it took to ship.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts