The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...is AWESOME

I am going to nerd out and get the whole getup with wheel and seat and all that...my PS3 has life now after watching Planet Earth on bluray a million times lol.

Def worth whatever they are asking for it - LA folks once I get out of the woods with work (been a miserable 6 months) I can throw a shindig at my place one of these nights :)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Is it out in the US now?:shrug: I bought the Japanese version months ago and I love it!:bow: Kids keep selling off my cars by accident though...need to teach them Japanese.:wallbang:

·
Registered
791 Posts
My wife pre-ordered it for me for Valentine's Day, we should be getting it soon, have any of you gotten it yet? Can't wait!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I was going to ask, so this should be a good thread: I see that you can buy it on disk, but that you can also buy it through the PS store and download it. They're both the same price, and obviously the disk is portable - but, would it run faster/smoother/better or have shorter loading times as a download running from the hard drive?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea...I would imagine just like any other game they load little faster from the drive, but it's not like night and day. One of my good friends is the head of GT for Sony, he dropped me off a disc, I believe the import version has been available for a while.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Mine's arriving in the next few days (preordered). I held off on getting the Japanese version when I got wind the English version would hit our shores eventually. I definitely was not going to wait until the full GT5 comes out next year... Time for my Logitech G25 Racing Wheel to get a workout!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It comes out Tuesday.

I forgot to add... there's a tuned version of the 111R in the game. Fitted with nifty CF bits (front access panels, front splitter, hardtop, rear wing, diffuser), bumped up power, less weight, different (in-game) suspension, and 5-spoke wheels, too!
At the moment, the car seems to be destroying all the competition in online races where it's allowed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine's arriving in the next few days (preordered). I held off on getting the Japanese version when I got wind the English version would hit our shores eventually. I definitely was not going to wait until the full GT5 comes out next year... Time for my Logitech G25 Racing Wheel to get a workout!

How realistic is the G25 racing wheel with GT5? what I mean is can you shift without pressing the clutch? will the engine blow if you shift to 1st doing 100 mph? etc... thinking about getting the whole setup ...:shift:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Is the sound any better that previous GTs? I really wish the programmers would sample the actual engine sounds of various cars... it would make the game twice as enjoyable to hear the engines sing as they were meant to.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I just picked this up today and will be trying it out with my racing seat setup first available chance I have... which this week looks like it won't be until Friday :(

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
got the game as well. pretty cool. I always thought you could mod cars in GT games? I never owned one before this though.

I do have to say in reference to it being a"simulator" It sucks compared to GT2 on the computer. I can't justify anything being a sim when you can't set the car up.

Besides that though it is a lot of fun and the graphics are killer! Sound is pretty damn good.

Anyone get that F2007 yet?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I picked mine up last night and played a bunch. The graphics are great, but I do have one major complaint. In the previous GT you could jump right in a Lotus or Viper or an old Cobra and go right to your favorite track. On this version, you have to "earn" credits to buy cars. Personally, I hate that. I don't want to be forced to buy a Daihatsui Capaccino :)huh:) just so I can win a required race (C class races) to move to the next level and then sell the POS at pennies on the dollar. In the "B" class, your required to buy an Evo to run another.

Please someone give me a cheat code to bypass all this nonsense.:wallbang:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I always thought you could mod cars in GT games?
Yeah, this game is actually like an expensive demo version of GT5 which is set to come out in 18 months.

I like it too, I just hope in the full version you can mod a car, I hope there are more cars, I hope there are more tracks, I hope the online play is better... and the list goes on.

I do like the game though, it is fun, but it would have been better received by the car community if it was a free or $20 download from playstation network rather than an incomplete game for $40. I hear they will be issuing patches and upgrades to the game though, so that may fix the issues I hate so much.

Dave

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
well I just did the update for the game today and the online play seems to work pretty well, no issues so far.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Save files usually get posted on the net. If you wait a while, I'm sure someone will post a save file that has all the cars unlocked (or a tleast 2m cr to buy the f2007)

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I have always thought that the videogame companies are leaving money on the table. I don't have time to go through a whole driving "career" inside of their game, so I would happily pay $10, maybe $15 more for an unlocked version. I'd even be fine in waiting a month or two after initial release.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Got it yesterday, looks great in 1080p on a 60" :) The new inside the car view is neat but distracting, I prefer the old "on the roof" view

Gotten through C, B and halfway through A events... rushing through them to get to S which means no lotus yet :( But it will be the first thing I buy after I finish to do the Lotus event

1 - 20 of 77 Posts