The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is currently "The Weekend has Landed", as the longest I've played the game was 2.5 hours, on the release day. (To check your addiction level, pause, then go to stats.) Is this not the best game out right now? I'm at 3% complete. There is so much to do in Liberty City, it'll take me forever to finish this game. (plus I've got too much other sh!t going on, but damn, I might have to lock myself in the game room this weekend!):evil:

·
Registered
140 Posts
4 hours straight...
i love how its not like San Andreas in the matter that every person is different on the street
and blowing their heads off is so much more fun in high def
Peace
Jon

·
Registered
582 Posts
I want to play(have a 360 but too lazy to actually go out and buy the game), anybody wants a lazy guy playing GTA 4 in their living room.
You must have a recliner.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got to Stats, and under the General section, it'll say "Addiction Level" and a phrase, depending on how much you play. Mine is still "The Weekend has Landed", after about an hour of play last night.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
My addiction level is so high I refuse to buy it until the school semester is over. (one more week!)
I'm in the same boat as you bro!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Honestly, it's good but it isn't great. After about 10 hours of play, I'm a little disappointed, actually. The big "WOW" of course are the graphics and modeling. When driving around it looks incredibly real. But after a while it doesn't really feel any different than SA. I miss the easter eggs and other stuff. Not saying it isn't fun, just a little bit let down. I expected more on a new console (playing on Xbox360).

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The weekend has landed after 11%
11%?! Damn, didn't you just get it yesterday??!! I think I'm only at 6% now and I got it Tuesday. That's weird we're both at "The Weekend Has Landed", tho. Have you played online? I keep getting an error "text" when I try.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
11%?! Damn, didn't you just get it yesterday??!! I think I'm only at 6% now and I got it Tuesday. That's weird we're both at "The Weekend Has Landed", tho. Have you played online? I keep getting an error "text" when I try.
ya...4 hours of the game yesterday to hit 11%. Damn thing is addicting. It has been a slow work week.

Have not played online..will try now......quick match works just fine.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Honestly, it's good but it isn't great. After about 10 hours of play, I'm a little disappointed, actually. The big "WOW" of course are the graphics and modeling. When driving around it looks incredibly real. But after a while it doesn't really feel any different than SA. I miss the easter eggs and other stuff. Not saying it isn't fun, just a little bit let down. I expected more on a new console (playing on Xbox360).
Yeah, same basic mission structure as always: drive here, kill that guy, etc...rinse & repeat... but there is a sooo much more to do in 4 then there was in SA. Maybe that's why it's taking me so long to advance. I keep getting sidetracked... Damn ADD!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I was kinda bored at first. It was more like Sims than an action based game. And the driving is horrible. Hard to control the cars and vision is limited even at the widest angle setting.

I started enjoying it more as I got the ability to hail cabs and request cars from Roman.

And at maybe 5%, you finally get a gun and get to start doing interesting jobs. I'm at 7% with about 5 total hours into it and it's starting to take over my life. :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
BTW, is anyone having the system freeze problems that are being talked about all over the web? Apparently, it has a tendency to over commit to your system cache. I haven't seen it yet but I really hope it stays that way.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts