The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
For the last few months I have been reading this forum and trying to learn as much as I can about Lotus in general and specifically the Exige S. I am buying a 2007 KG Lotus Exige as soon as I can. What is stopping me? Well I am a Marine and I have used and abused my body and finally something gave out..My left shoulder's cartilige is torn from behind the bicept muscle to the back of my shoulder blade. this means that i wont be driving for 2-3 months until i heal from surgery and if I had a lotus in my garage it would be pure torture!!! I am currently driving a Supra but i want something different now and so I am selling that this summer. I am an Airframer on Hueys and Cobras in the Marine corps so I have some experiance with fiberglass and aluminium (even though I can't spell it lol). Thanks for having a great informative site!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Buy it, and do some of the cool mods (many cheap) that you read about here until you can drive again! Either way...welcome!

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Howdy! :wave:

KG ... Excellent choice!! :up:

- z :cool:

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Welcome aboard, Dust! Best of luck with the shoulder surgery-Work that rehab hard! The Exige will be a great goal! Go Navy! ;)

Tom

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hey dare, you dare.:wave:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good luck with the shoulder and thank you for your service to this country. North Carolina must mean Cherry Point, right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good luck with the shoulder and thank you for your service to this country. North Carolina must mean Cherry Point, right?
Semper Fi! Actually, it has to be MCAS New River. Gunrunner or Warrior? I was HML/A 269's Flight Surgeon a few years back. Hopefully everything back in "J-vegas" is status quo with pawn shops, tattoo parlors, and used car shops down every street. Stay safe out there and thank you for your service. Good luck with the future purchase.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the family! I'm a new Lotus owner and love my car more and more the longer I own it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am originally a Warrior but I am non deployable due to the shoulder so now I am with HMLA-269....I was told by the doctor that i will be able to hold the wheel after 8weeks...so i should be driving after then..I am going to Physical Therapy now and I was informed that I am the only person to ride a motorcycle to it lol... I get to see the Surgeon on june 4th so i will have more news after that.. Cant believe I would run into a former Skid Kid on here lol

~Semper Fi~

·
Registered
847 Posts
... my name is Humpty

shoulder injury + road going go kart = ouch. I pin my shoulder against the seat and push off for hard cornering. I'd imagine a torn cartilage would make that activity impossible or perhaps even more torturous than buying a new Exige and only being able to admire it in the garage for 2 months. rotfl

Speed in your healing sir and good luck with the new car when you finally pull the trigger!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hey...I met my evil monkey twin!
If you have a turbo Supra and are going to buy a Lotus you clearly have good taste in cars. :up: Welcome & thank you for your service for our country.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
cool! i hope you get one. Heal up fast!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts