The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You may remember I had a little handbrake problem a couple of weeks back...

Well it's all sorted now and my car will be ready in about 2 weeks. Looks like I won't have to pay a cent, which is good. But have a guess at the cost of repairs...

Damage is exactly what you see - plus a new LH mirror. Impact was into a tree at abut 6km/h (under 4mph).

Prize to whoever guesses right!!*

*no prize is actually available.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
final answer will not win the prize!!

And yes, it seems they will be using gold - or something more expensive!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, you guys still aren't there!

As far as I know I'm not getting a diamond encrusted clam.... but they're charging for it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting a new front clam, new light and new mirror - that's it!

If anyone's being taken for a ride it's my insurance company... So i guess that's their problem!

Although my car is in good company... Sitting next to a 599, 430 and Challenge Stradale! not to mention the odd S5 and Maserati.

The car is getting a complete paint job though - they reckon it never looks quite right if it's just patched up. The metallic Solar Yellow paint job is to blame for that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still waaay off the mark!

I'll give it 12hrs so all the non-night-owls over there can wake up, then I'll come back with the figure.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
$18K :shrug::shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, I've strung it out enough.

pugg57 - you take home the prize for the closest.

The total bill was a few dollars under $32'000AUD. That's near enough to $30'000USD!!!

Considering the base Elise retails for $69'990AUD here it's nearly half the cost!

I'm not paying so it doesn't bother me greatly - buy does anyone else feel that's very high? The panel shop doing the work are Lotus Recommended (along with Ferrari, Maserati, Audi, Alfa etc) and generally regarded as one of the best, if not the best, in the state. (remember, we only have 7 states for an area the size of the US).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My guess is that to paint they will be removing all the panels, stripping them back and repainting.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts