The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today the Lotus Elise 1/18 scale car CAME IN!! and with the spare time in the office i made a small clip of it. I think its my fav scale model! The rear engine lid has a hatch holder and it came with the soft top that is plastic.

www.etunning.com/elisetoy.mov

If you are bord out of your mind you might as well spend time downloading the clip its only 1.4megs.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
nice video. By the way - is that saffron yellow????:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx!

No sadly thats not saffron! The car came in as Lightning Yellow but with some video editing it look almost like saffron. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
No. No models were ever painted in Saffron Yellow! Closing thread.

j/k

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
is it the lightweight european version or the cast iron federalized model?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
R.Dynamics,
I'm worried about you, making a video of a toy car!!! I haven't watched please tell me your not making vroom vroom sounds in the background!

:p
Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the ardent red model for a few weeks now but never realized it had a rear lid support. Thanks for the instructional video!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I finally gave into buying the LY 1:18th. I play with it before I go to sleep everynight. It's my new favorite toy ;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
The lighting on the model can make one think of the Testarossa on first glance.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I confess I got my fix months ago. I bought 2, Ardent red and Lightning Yellow (thats makes Orange, right?:confused: )
I have a 1:18 of a Boxster, so I used them to compare dimensions. Have you noticed the Elise even has fabric seatbelts?! I love the underside, very revealing of the unique design.
BTW I have the limited edition JADI CO model. There are very few of this rare color, seen outside my garage :D

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
adamant said:
Oops, sorry, that was a wee bit large. I forgot my browser scales them :(
I have trouble believing you did that by accident ;) Just like the COM to promote the color whenever possible.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Woohoo! That looks to be almost a 1:1 model!

:)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am installing real Lights into my model ... blue in front and yellow turn and red rears =) Thank god for LED lights =)

Will have it finished maybe next week!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts