The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no, not jay leno.

i saw my first retail unit driving on sepulveda blvd near Los Angeles International Airport this afternoon. it was red with a yellow temporary dealer paper insert, and i thought "wow, someone actually bought one of those beasts". i had seen many press cars floating about in Los Angeles but this was the first actual customer car.

as i approached, i noticed two black suburbans totally tailgating the challenger. i found this to be odd, especially as i noticed that there was yet another black suburban in front of the challenger. as i drove past it, i peeked inside to see who was driving, and it was none other than our Governator!! can't really see him in the pix but i was able to snap off a couple shots of the motorcade.

that said, should the Governor really be driving a brand new gas sucking hemi V8? i'm a little mixed on this subject, as i suppose it's cool to see that your Governor is a car guy. but he's also the one who just signed california legislation that forces a 25% reduction on greenhouse gasses. you'd think he'd be scooting around town in a Tesla leading by example :shrug:

but i suppose the Governor can't be worried about running out of juice in his Tesla while on state business ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I believe he has a silver SL65 SMG and a couple SUVs as well (I think his wife drives a silver or gray Suburban)

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
it really doesn't matter what he's driving since he is being trailed at all times by 2 SUVs.
Doesn't the Challenger have cylinder deactivation? If he was driving a Prius, that would be a waste.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Nice looking car, if it's the Gov. driving that is great!
But,,,, too bad it weighs 4000 pounds+ what were the engineers thinking???First the Ford GT500 weighs in at 4000 pounds and now this, hey it's supposed to be a muscle car, not a cruiser!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
typical of politicians and the global warming fanatics like al gore .................. and the ones who buy into the hoax.

YOU must conserve, but me,...........well i NEED these things, so the laws are for you, not me.

I believe Arnold flies in a gas hog of a jet everyday from pacific palasades(or where ever he lives) to sacramento each day and back to make these laws to limit everyone other than himself.
typical hypocites.
when they lead by example, maybe they would have some credibility. problem is, they know its a hoax also, they just cannot admit it.

everything happens in cycles, and the next ice age scare is only a few years away................. I still remember seeing the last ice age scare when i was a kid 30 years ago.

this stuff validates the phrase;
"the masses are asses"

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
"The masses are asses", I will definititely have to work that into a conversation sometime!

Thanks, Fishguy. I like that! And they say people learn mostly about cars on this site. Hell, it's a never-ending plethora of knowledge on everything!!!!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
typical of politicians and the global warming fanatics like al gore .................. and the ones who buy into the hoax.
Yep. Good 'ol Arnold. Just another hypocrite as you say. This is coming from a huge former fan who even owns a standee of him and a T2 pinball machine.

When he's had a few drinks and cigars he likes to say what he thinks about people in general, and it isn't good.

"My relationship to power and authority is that I'm all for it. People need somebody to watch over them. Ninety-five percent of the people in the world need to be told what to do and how to behave."

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I still dont see how they are still marketing the "hemi" as a good thing... its like calling a "chopper" engine high performance(which happens WAY to often).

just like in their "sweet" advertisements only complete retards are attracted to the fact that its a "hemi"

·
Registered
552 Posts
"My relationship to power and authority is that I'm all for it. People need somebody to watch over them. Ninety-five percent of the people in the world need to be told what to do and how to behave."
I suggest that not only do people NEED to be told what to do, they WANT to be told too. Hamsters on a wheel.

It appears that Arnold has a few things figured out. He managed to get elected and seems to be popular. His opinions on people might not be good, but could it be he is right?

If the masses were smarter, wouldn't they realize his hypocrisy and get rid of him? Of course, that would only cause another leader to arise.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Yep. Good 'ol Arnold. Just another hypocrite as you say. This is coming from a huge former fan who even owns a standee of him and a T2 pinball machine.

When he's had a few drinks and cigars he likes to say what he thinks about people in general, and it isn't good.

rotfl

He's right! And the other 5% of us have to suffer the lemmings every day...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
you'd think he'd be scooting around town in a Tesla leading by example :shrug:

but i suppose the Governor can't be worried about running out of juice in his Tesla while on state business ;)
I would be inclined to give the guy a break. All things in moderation, right? Just because he owns one, doesn't mean it's his daily commuter, and I wouldn't call him a hypocrite just because he bought a weekend toy that doesn't get great gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
"Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger of California, is urging drivers and home owners to use less energy, in ways big and small."

gm-h2h-hummer.jpg

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I would be inclined to give the guy a break. All things in moderation, right? Just because he owns one, doesn't mean it's his daily commuter, and I wouldn't call him a hypocrite just because he bought a weekend toy that doesn't get great gas mileage.
no,
his daily communter is a huge gas guzzling plane that he flies in back and forth to sacramento each day.
he and al gore should definately get a break:crazyeyes

arnold was saying that drilling for our own oil now is just "blowing smoke" that it will help anything.
I guess doing nothing proactive is a much better choice arnold.
the more guys like this are shouting at us to conserve, the less i feel that i want to do so. lead by example, or shut the hell up arnie!!! you to al gore!!!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, i voted for him, twice - for those who don't know, when he got elected, Californians had to #1) recall our former Governor Davis and then #2) vote for Arnold.

i suppose he's not your typical career politician Governor and that's part of his appeal to California voters. so maybe driving around in a V8 hemi is good for California. god knows we have enough slow-a$$ Prius drivers on the freeways to offset his carbon footprint :p

·
Registered
552 Posts
the more guys like this are shouting at us to conserve, the less i feel that i want to do so. lead by example, or shut the hell up arnie!!! you to al gore!!!!
It seems like many people don't want to (or won't) look behind the conservation message at the proclaimer's own actions. This is hypocritical behavior (by Arnold and Al), I'd say, but everyone can come to their own conclusions. I figure if this gets a lot of worried people to conserve and clear up the roads, the more fun for me.

Odd deal here in how it seems like the biggest preachers are the biggest hypocrites. Then again, maybe that's not unusual at all, that's how the world works, right? Even the most ardent disciples of conservation fly when they need to. No one yet travels around on horseback on trans-continental trips, do they?

Perhaps the worst consequence of this is to feel personal guilt over what you do when everyone is really doing what they want. There is too much guilt in the world over issues of the day like this.

To bring this back around to the original post, nice sighting of Arnold and display and discussion of his public vs. private policy. He's seems immune to criticism on issues like this, doesn't he? Maybe that's the most remarkable thing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts