The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if I'm wrong.

New mud flaps are a pound lighter than stock.

New under tray covers more area than stock (better aero), doesn't need to be removed for oil pan/filter access, eliminates the loss of NADA ducts (have you checked yours lately) and is lighter than stock. No fitment issues either.

San

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should point out that you don't have to remove your under tray to change your oil, which also means you don't have to remove your diffuser. This alone is worth the price of admission.

San

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I should point out that you don't have to remove your under tray to change your oil, which also means you don't have to remove your diffuser. This alone is worth the price of admission.

San
Looks nice San. Who makes that undertray? Such a PITA to drop the diffuser for oil changes. Just popping that sub-piece off looks so much easier.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice San. Who makes that undertray? Such a PITA to drop the diffuser for oil changes. Just popping that sub-piece off looks so much easier.
GB Composites. Super nice, local and their customer service is second to none.

Bear in mind my under tray is the prototype. The future editions will have more options and be even more sparkly and glamorous. There will also be an aluminum under tray option.

San

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,291 Posts
Who is selling the under tray? Oh GB, missed that post. Thanks. Price?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Does it retain the nice rattle and hum of the OEM under tray?

Seriously though that is one nice piece. I agree with it being worth it for oil changes alone.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does it retain the nice rattle and hum of the OEM under tray?

Seriously though that is one nice piece. I agree with it being worth it for oil changes alone.
I have a thin carbon roof so I doubt I'd notice any rattle and hum.

San

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,422 Posts
That looks great and pending the price i want one.

I remove the undertray, but why take off the diffuser to change oil?

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks great and pending the price i want one.
The nice thing is there will be an aluminum version as well if the price of the carbon version is too steep for some.

San

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
San,

The way I look at it, I don't have any mud flaps, so yours are heavier than mine...

Any aero you gained by going wider, you lost in the NACA ducts...mine are closed off.

And...any weight savings you got in carbon fiber, you got it all back in that sub-stiffy you installed... I've installed an aluminum shear panel...

Oh well, better luck next time...

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
San,

The way I look at it, I don't have any mud flaps, so yours are heavier than mine...

Any aero you gained by going wider, you lost in the NACA ducts...mine are closed off.

And...any weight savings you got in carbon fiber, you got it all back in that sub-stiffy you installed... I've installed an aluminum shear panel...

Oh well, better luck next time...
I don't need to point out the obvious. You make it clear every time you post.

San

1 - 20 of 73 Posts