The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one else notice that over the last 2 months un registered guests have been very high?

over the last year up till end of jan, any where from 50 - 150 guest would be on the site. last two months at any given time 300 + on the site.... whats that about?

right bow 230am over 330 guests, 40 members...?:popcorn:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
22/282 @ 3:27AM, Chicago time.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
maybe another qball happened out there somewhere and it just hasn't made it's way here.

nah, maybe it's just springtime and the price of lotus have fallen below $30K.

[preparing for the onslaught of newb threads]

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
A lot of those guests are probably search engine bots.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Plenty of times I just want to read a bit and I don't actually log in. That would count as a guest visit, wouldn't it?

xtn

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Plenty of times I just want to read a bit and I don't actually log in. That would count as a guest visit, wouldn't it?

xtn
yes

·
Registered
114 Posts

xtn
+1 - I'm rarely logged in unless I actually decide to post something (which you'll see from my post count is not so often). I'm sure you'll find quite a few lurkers on here who browse more than they post and are often not logged in... Just a thought...

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats pretty fancy. i had always wondered how search engines get there information.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The more posts to keep indexed, the more bots.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
question - I never log off and I just realized that i don' think I logged off on computer at work which I'm no longer employed with. Am I at risk of being RoadDadded or can Randy fix it?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
If you leave it so you stay logged in all the time (you are not logged in when you are inactive, but the system logs you back on due to your cookies) then yes, anyone can use your account. This is true with any website.

I or you can (and you should) change your password here.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
question - I never log off and I just realized that i don' think I logged off on computer at work which I'm no longer employed with. Am I at risk of being RoadDadded or can Randy fix it?
I've been verbified :nanner:

qballed...

RoadDadded...

The girls will be so proud (of themselves ;)).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts