The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is an e-mail I received back in November from Tigga @ Autostyle-Solutions: Our T-Bar roof is fitted by unbolting the roll bar cover that is on the Elise and then bolting our T-Bar center "T" section into the original Lotus mounts. This whole process should take about 30 minutes. Once the 'T' sectionis fitted, the panels take less than 1 minute each to fit. Both panels can be stored in the boot (trunk). any Lotus pain color can be matched exactly by supplying us with the paint code of your Elise. we cannot guarantee against leaking but our T-Bar
roof went through over 18 months of developing and testing including extensive testing of different types of seals around the "T" section and along the top of the windows. Our roof is as leak proof as a removable roof can be. Our T-Bar roof also
incorporates rain gutters along the sides as an additional preventative measure.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
HAHAHAHA !!! You crack me up, jen.

Seriously, though, all removable hardtops leak. I've read that even the Lotus Factory top leaks.

IIRC, even the soft top leaks a little.

I think they're just protecting their arses so you don't come with a class action lawsuit when you get a drop of water here and there.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
What is the projected cost for the Gullwing roof?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts