The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This Gullwing top offers all the benefits of the hardtop, while allowing for easy entry/exit of the Elise. The twin "doors" open upward, eliminating the problem of the low roofline when getting into and out of the car.

The two sections can also be removed in a matter of seconds (without any tools!), and stowed safely in the rear hatch. Bags safely hold the two fiberglass sections and the four removable pistons.

Rear roll bar cover does have a wired in 3rd brake light.

Removal of the roll bar cover is required for installation. The rear section of the top replaces it...

$1500. plus shipping. We can pack it for an additional $50

Hayes 772-299-9788
wirewheel.com - Wire Wheel Classic Sports Cars

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Bet this doesn't last long.

This Gullwing top offers all the benefits of the hardtop, while allowing for easy entry/exit of the Elise. The twin "doors" open upward, eliminating the problem of the low roofline when getting into and out of the car.

The two sections can also be removed in a matter of seconds (without any tools!), and stowed safely in the rear hatch. Bags safely hold the two fiberglass sections and the four removable pistons.

Rear roll bar cover does have a wired in 3rd brake light.

Removal of the roll bar cover is required for installation. The rear section of the top replaces it...

$1500. plus shipping. We can pack it for an additional $50

Hayes 772-299-9788
wirewheel.com - Wire Wheel Classic Sports Cars

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have this and love it. Yes, you lose a small amount of openness due to the middle bar, but you get a hard top look, that you can quickly remove AND bring with you. And even with a soft top, getting in and out is usually tough, at least for a passenger who is not used to it. This helps tremendously!!! Lastly, when I got mine (bought the car new and had HRM install) it was either $3K or $4K (just do not recall which) PLUS $1K for paint and install, so a total of $4K-$5K. Oh, and if you need replacement pistons/shocks for it, after much searching, I found a source! PM me if needed.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
man that thing looks cool and convienient

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Pictures of it on the car with the top on and pics with the top off? Pictures with the top sections in the trunk?

·
Vendor
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments and interest in the Gullwing hard top. To answer some of your questions: This top was on an Elise that we got in and resold with the soft top only.
I don't have experience with these tops, so I cannot tell you how watertight they are.
Maybe there is someone out there in this Forum who could share their experiences with this type of top. It does seem like a pretty good compromise for someone who has difficulty in getting in/out of the Elise with the top in place.
This top does have the 3rd brake light assembly, the storage bags, and attaching hardware. I don't know if they came with any type of headliner, but it does has the header rail trim.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
For those interested, a search on the term "gullwing" here will turn up a lot of discussion dating back to 2005 when those were in production. Someone is going to be VERY excited to get their hands on this.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Green Hornet needs one for a medical condition........

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Don't know about anyone else, but if it were me, I'd put him at the top of the list....

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Good!

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Aluminum handles for gull wing top.

I have one set of custom made aluminum handles that we had made. Much nicer and more substantial than those plastic ones. Expensive but really cool.
Call me at 914 217-4817 if interested.
Mark Starr.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have one set of custom made aluminum handles that we had made. Much nicer and more substantial than those plastic ones. Expensive but really cool. Mark Starr.
PM Sent -

Thanks Again to all who helped me pull this together. Mark will be handling the installation for me in the near future. Both my back and I will be soooooo happy :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts