The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sector 111 is showing a gullwing top on their website...i wonder if that would be a good alternative to us who are seeking a hardtop..
im afraid of rattles and leaks though....
thoughts?

·
Registered
513 Posts
According to shinoo, the latest Gullwing has been test fitted with good results, and production parts are expected in a couple weeks. He said he should have pictures the end of this week, so I'd expect them to be posted very soon.

I really want the gullwing because I don't like the look of the soft top, but would still like to go topless without the 30 minute hassle of taking the factory hardtop off. Unfortunately, I don't think I can justify the cost (estimated $2500 - $3000) just for a hardtop. :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wonder if they got the idea of the gullwing top from the Lotus brochure I got in 2001? A friend of mine got if for me back in 2001 from The Netherlands (where he lives) and it definitely shows the gullwing hardtop. I think Lotus scrapped the idea for some reason or another.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
LITEW8CRAZY said:
I wonder if they got the idea of the gullwing top from the Lotus brochure I got in 2001? A friend of mine got if for me back in 2001 from The Netherlands (where he lives) and it definitely shows the gullwing hardtop. I think Lotus scrapped the idea for some reason or another.
IIRC, The S2 Elise was originally going to come with a gullwing top, but Lotus was having problems with leaks & squeaks, so they scrapped it. Autostyle solutions (the first company to offer an aftermarket gullwing) claims to have gotten it right with no leaks, squeaks, or security issues. They did, infact, get the idea from the S2 Elise publicity shots & went the extra mile to ensure that the wings, when removed, could be easily stowed in the trunk.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
How does it take 30 min to take HT off? i do it in like 12 or so. Even put it on faster than 30, -poke-

-sorry i didn't realize this thread had been brought back from the dead, i even looked on sector 111 for the gull wing, lol-

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Glad more of them didn't get out there. Can't think of a sillier mod. Gullwing doors- awesome. Goofy gullwing roof? hideous.

·
Registered
174 Posts
SweetDaddyD said:
Glad more of them didn't get out there. Can't think of a sillier mod. Gullwing doors- awesome. Goofy gullwing roof? hideous.
I've got Gull Wing doors and think they're worth every penny if it's in your budget.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
ZakSkiGuy said:
I've got Gull Wing doors and think they're worth every penny if it's in your budget.
When did you put those on,I don't remember them from the last time I saw your car?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts