The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an article back on Monday that the Gumball Rally was going on, and that it started in Santa Monica and is going to Miami.
I did some research and found that they'd be passing through my area (the
Florida panhandle) yesterday afternoon.
So I went up to the interstate and watched for them. Sure enough, they were blasting by for about 3 hours. I sat there taking pictures and video of them.
The real highlight was when I left. I pulled out onto the interstate to the next exit to go back home, as soon as I got on the road, I saw something in the mirror. It was an orange Lamborghini Murcielago. So I made a video of the whole thing.
That was a good day :)

~Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
Haha you got the Swine Flu Patrol!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a few more pics

The guys in the Maserati stopped. I talked to them for a minute.
They said they were from the U.K.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the swine flu response team (closeup)

photo attached ...

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
panoramic

attached ...

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
link to photo gallery

photo gallery here

also, you can go to youtube.com and search
gumball 2009
or
gumball coast to coast

lots of stuff there.

~Dave

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
A friend of mine (Actually my driving coach) is co-driving the black Bugatti...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
sick. i wonder if a lotus ever entered the event.

i have the movie 3000 miles from a few years back, its pretty crazy but that maxa-million founder guy is very interesting.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A guy who works for us is riding along with Tony Hawk in this year's gumball

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Cool pix - I considered going but sitting an elise all day would kill my body. I considered picking up a used 997 just for the event, but didn't have enough time (and some other stuff came up). Had buddies in an M5 and an Sl600 run it though, some of their stories so far make it seem fun

They both wrapped thier car in patriotic (red/white/blue and eagle) wrap. They could have brought cooler cars but opted for thier daily drivers for such a long haul. Rough :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
sick. i wonder if a lotus ever entered the event.
I was in it last year, but only for the launch parade. Entry ticket is too rich for my blood. :(

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
There have been S1s (saw two of em in SF at the 2003 launch), and a 240R the year before that... not sure about others

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
entry fee

Just curious, how much IS the entry fee?
It's gotta be quite a bit, since they stay at seven 5-star hotels.

~Dave

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a friend thats doing it in his GTR and another friend is in his 240SX

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here are the Gumball entry fees for 2009, taken from their web site:

Entry Fee

The entry fee per vehicle with two (2) persons in the vehicle is $44000. Additional team mates pay a standard fee of $22,000 per person. The entry fee for your vehicle and any additional fees for additional team mates are due and payable within dates specified by Gumball HQ.

08 What the Entry Fee Includes

The entry fee includes accommodation in the most amazing 5-star hotels each night, including the night of registration 1st of May 2009 throughout the week, until 8th May. This includes all breakfasts, lunches and dinners, as well as several parties. Throughout the week all drivers and co-drivers will share twin rooms to accommodate two (2) people. If upgrades are required to higher graded rooms and suites, please contact the Gumball 3000 HQ after your entry has been accepted and we will attempt to accommodate your request for a suitable extra charge.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts