The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is info for a person that REALLY would like to be in the Gumball 3000. Note: No!!! Flakes!! and taking up my time.

2010 is well underway here at Gumball HQ, there's been no time to rest since returning from Miami two mounths ago, and I've been literally bombarded with e-mail and messages both of thanks for 2009 and of interest in 2010. Subsequently, of the 90 spaces we have for the full rally next year, already 65% are taken, hence the speed with which we need to move to secure your entry.

In 2010 we're going from central London, through Europe (Amsterdam, Copenhagen) to Stockholm, then we fly 90 cars to the USA and stay in Boston, then drive to Canada (Montreal, then Toronto) before finally driving back into the USA to finish in New York. Once again we will have the first 8 nights in May for those stops. What I must reiterate is that the Gumball is what you make of it - you can take it easy and enjoy the scenery and the experience at your own pace, or you can go all out, become a 'character' and wear silly costumes, show off for the cameras - it's up to you, but we do insist that you have the best time you can possibly have!

We have a freighting company that have worked with us for many years and understand our specific needs, and I can assist you getting a quote from them for the cost of shipping your car to London for the start. Obviously, flying the car, yourself and your co-pilot from Sweden to the USA is all included in the entry fee.

Entry fee - historically, when it includes hiring Antonov aircraft at great expense we do have to charge a lot more to enter (in previous years, $100,000+) however it's a different world we live in now, we have found ways to reduce our costs, got extra sponsorship and taken all that into consideration so that we are charging almost exactly the same fee in 2010 as we did in 2009. As well as the transatlantic crossing the entry fee covers all your accommodation (5*) and meals, VIP entry to all the parties, concerts and events along the route, all the Gumball merchandise and that of our sponsors, and the car's professional branding. The entry fee is $45,000 for the car's entry (with two drivers).

NOTE: Please email me with all of your info if you really would like to go. :shift:

Justin Hill, PGA Tour Instructor

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I have the time on my hands, but sadly, not the money, lol. :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have the time on my hands, but sadly, not the money, lol. :p

SADLY.... It takes money to do the Gumball $45,000.00 + $ Shipping your car from the USA to London. But it would be the time in your life. :coolnana:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What? I didn't make you an offer. I'm trying to figure out what the hell your offer is. You didn't even ask for anything in your post. Just "who wants to go?"

OK... Bro... You dont have to get up set. Its $45,000.00 cost and you are in or out. Thats it! No games.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would love to do this if i had the money!
There IS a more affordable alternative to the Gumball 3000.

It's called ...

LOG30 !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
There IS a more affordable alternative to the Gumball 3000.

It's called ...

LOG30 !!!!!!
Still, that would be quite expensive for me,

1) Get an Exige
2) Ship it to america and get a flight there
3) Ship it and fly back to the UK

so its looking around roughly the same price soo far :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still, that would be quite expensive for me,

1) Get an Exige
2) Ship it to america and get a flight there
3) Ship it and fly back to the UK

so its looking around roughly the same price soo far :p

Gumball Starts in London and ends in NewYork. So if you live in the US. You would need to ship it the the UK. The cost to do that around $5000.00 or less.... Its the same price as 2009 Gumball. + shipping your car to the start of the Gumball. Its no longer $100000.00 Thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
OK... Bro... You dont have to get up set. Its $45,000.00 cost and you are in or out. Thats it! No games.
You wrote this which sounds like you are looking for someone to go with you

"This info is for a person that REALLY wants to go to the Gumball. No!!! Flakes!! and taking up my time. "

Are you going JayHIll?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Gumball Starts in London and ends in NewYork. So if you live in the US. You would need to ship it the the UK. The cost to do that around $5000.00 or less.... Its the same price as 2009 Gumball. + shipping your car to the start of the Gumball. Its no longer $100000.00 Thanks
Live in the UK besides, i have a goal of getting my dream exige when im 24, im currently 18 so almost there! having to put up with a 2000 renault clio grande for now in red!

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
SADLY.... It takes money to do the Gumball $45,000.00 + $ Shipping your car from the USA to London. But it would be the time in your life. :coolnana:
You should try negotiating with them... a bunch of my first have the past couple years and did it for dirt cheap. Seriously.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You wrote this which sounds like you are looking for someone to go with you

"This info is for a person that REALLY wants to go to the Gumball. No!!! Flakes!! and taking up my time. "

Are you going JayHIll?

Im going... as Gumball crew. Im just giving out info. Thats it. Im not trying to get on any ones bad side.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Last year I considered doing the Gumball across America in my Elise (sponsorship never came through)

That was before I did 1700 miles in my Elise over one weekend last month, part of which was the Rental Car Rally. I can say this: our cars are terrible rally vehicles. After 15 hours of driving, my body was so numb that I could barely walk.

If you were going to / are doing the gumball, do yourself a favour:

1. Bring a better touring or sports car, like a Maserati or a Lamborghini
2. If the above option is not available, rent a car. Lamborghinis can be had for about $15K for a week.

I'm not bashing the Lotus here, having owned two. All I'm saying is, if you're going to enjoy the Gumball, you'll need a different type of car. That will make your trip the memorable thrill it's supposed to be, as opposed to a nightmare you wish was over.

But if you still want to do it in a Lotus, good luck :shift:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last year I considered doing the Gumball across America in my Elise (sponsorship never came through)

That was before I did 1700 miles in my Elise over one weekend last month, part of which was the Rental Car Rally. I can say this: our cars are terrible rally vehicles. After 15 hours of driving, my body was so numb that I could barely walk.

If you were going to / are doing the gumball, do yourself a favour:

1. Bring a better touring or sports car, like a Maserati or a Lamborghini
2. If the above option is not available, rent a car. Lamborghinis can be had for about $15K for a week.

I'm not bashing the Lotus here, having owned two. All I'm saying is, if you're going to enjoy the Gumball, you'll need a different type of car. That will make your trip the memorable thrill it's supposed to be, as opposed to a nightmare you wish was over.

But if you still want to do it in a Lotus, good luck :shift:

Whats up bro... I like the new pics on your facebook page... Nice! That looked like a fun party.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Tempting. We shall see how business goes.

Going to fix the spelling in the title unless it was intentional?

I supply cameras to some of the guys, local here does it every year with his SLR. Almost did it last year.

p.s. Cory, I loved your post, why delete it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tempting. We shall see how business goes.

Going to fix the spelling in the title unless it was intentional?

I supply cameras to some of the guys, local here does it every year with his SLR. Almost did it last year.

p.s. Cory, I loved your post, why delete it?

Thanks Randy...

I'm just getting the word out.

JH

1 - 20 of 42 Posts