The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"To all,

Thank you for your interest in joining our event in the Gaslamp Quarter on August 10.

"I am writing to confirm your place in the car display, its great to have a lot of local cars on display as well as the cars taking part in the rally. We are still keen to find a wide variety of cars for our display; please spread the word as we are hoping to get a HUGE display at the event. Really keen to have anything from classic/vintage, Muscle cars, supercars to lowriders..... the wider the variety of cars the better!

Upon arriving at the car display on F Street (6th – 7th), you will be given your official Gumball wristband to allow full ‘behind the ropes’ access to the car display..... Gumball crew/staff will direct you into position to park on display. You will also have access to the party at the Ivy Hotel!

** You will be parking on display from 10am Sunday August 10. Your car must be removed at 9.30pm***. If your car is not removed by 9.30pm on the evening of August 10; your car will be towed as the road re opens at 10pm! **

Schedule:

10.00 = display cars arrive on display – see attached street plan. All ‘display cars’ will be parked on the F Street display. Gumball Rally cars will be parked on 7th.

14.00 Onwards = Gumball Rally arrives

9.30PM – All display cars MUST be removed from display"

So anyone else in SD doing this? They say THE HOFF will be there. :D This is for a car display they have setup in downtown, not actually participating in the rally. Comes with behind the ropes access and access to the party at the Ivy hotel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interesting, I was thinking of taking a Vacation to San Diego next month, maybe I will sign up to put it on display.

·
Registered
78 Posts
how much are they charging for this?

any more info you might have would be great

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the record, I have no affiliation with vivid racing. I'm merely passing on the posting.

This years Gumball 3000 is the 10th anniversary of the world famous rally. Vivid Racing has done 3 of these amazing events and we are attending this years US Leg as well.

To help Gumball 3000 out, we are putting an open call for vehicles to attend the San Fransisco start as well as the Hollywood and San Diego stops. We are looking for 40 vehicles at each stop to be featured as display cars for the thousands of visitors to check out. This is open for all Enthusiasts or Business vehicles. There will be tons of magazine and media press at the events. Including CNN and MTV filming. This is a great way to get some FREE exposure.

Celebrities from Rob Dyrdek, Big Black, Johnny Knoxville and the other JackAss crew, David Hasslehoff and his original KIT car, Travis Barker, and many more! Everything from lowriders, JDM tuner cars, Ferraris, Porsches, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and other cars will be on the amazing Rally.

If you want to park your car at the event, send a email to [email protected] and [email protected] with a picture of your car attached. We will get back to you on the submission. Come down regardless and check out the mayhem!

San Fransisco Event Info -

Taylor Street between California Street and Sacramento Street.

8th August

* 15.00 – Arrive with your vehicle in The Fairmont car park

* 19.00 – All cars driven onto the grid (2 Blocks outside Fairmont)

* 23.00 – 02.00 Gumball 3000 10th Anniversary World Tour start party at Temple SF.

9th August

* 11.00 Drivers ready in cars

* 12.30 RALLY START

* Parade thru Lombard Street

* Following traveling thru Lombard Street all ‘display cars’ can now branch off out of the rally.

Los Angeles Event Info -

Hollywood Boulevard between Highland and Orange (Kodak Theatre/Manns Theatre area).

* 17.00 – 18.00 = display cars arrive on display

* 19.00 onwards = Gumball Rally arrives.

* 23.00 – 02.00 = Tropicana Party

San Diego Event Info -

F Street between 6th and 7th Street.

* 10.00 = display cars arrive on display

* 14.00 onwards = Gumball Rally arrives

* 22.00 – 02.00 = Ivy Hotel roof terrace PARTY

We can offer 2 entries for each car to the party in Temple on the evening of the 8th August. As you will probably know Temple is one of the most exclusive venues in SF. There will be a big name guest DJ, hosted by Maximillion Cooper (Founder Gumball 3000) and the Cuban Brothers. This will be an A list party full of models and celebrities.

Our events always attract a HUGE crowd and will be a perfect opportunity to show off your rides. We have a giant Jumbotron LED screen at the end of the car display, and the whole car display will be barriered off so the public cannot get to your vehicles during the event display.

Check out pictures from our previous Gumball 3000 Events here -

Gumball 3000 2003 San Fransisco to Miami - YouTube - Gumball 3000 Slide Show

Gumball 3000 2004 Paris, Morocco, Cannes - Vivid Racing

Gumball 3000 2006 US Leg SLC to LA - Vivid Racing

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's free. They're showing off your car after all. :p
Awesome! :D

I'm gonna shoot them an email today for my car.

Hope to meet some of you down there

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just got my acceptance email for this! :coolnana:
See ya down there!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Where do they park the car? In front of the Ivy hotel? I might be interested, but the thing is that 9:30 PM car must be gone and party starts at 10 PM. Parking sucks ass downtown. They should have let people park until the party finishes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks like that was the weekend we were planning to be in San Diego, I will have to get some pics together and send over to em.
I will have a hotel in Gaslamp District anyway.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Parking is on a closed F street, the block between 6th and 7th. Gumball gets to park on 7th from E to G st.

Looks like I will be there with the Noble.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Randy, you mean after 9:30 PM we can park on F st? the problem is finding parking after the show and before the party.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Randy, you mean after 9:30 PM we can park on F st? the problem is finding parking after the show and before the party.

No, the parking after 9:30pm is on your own and my thought was, if they open the streets back up, maybe you can just park on them?

The designated parking on F seems to be diagonal pull in.

Otherwise, this would indeed suck to have to park then.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just park at Horton Plaza. It's pretty cheap, especially with validation. (Free for 3 hours)

OR you can valet at the Ivy for $20 or so.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would really love to do this by I have my own rally coming up and this may conflict with my auto transport date. I'll really try to make it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just park at Horton Plaza. It's pretty cheap, especially with validation. (Free for 3 hours)

OR you can valet at the Ivy for $20 or so.
I parked at the Horton garage last time I was down there and it was $20 for overnight.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I parked at the Horton garage last time I was down there and it was $20 for overnight.
I'm not sure if you're implying it's expensive or cheap...that's cheap parking in downtown to me. :shrug: With validation though it's 3 hours free and 6 or so bucks an hour after that. So 9:30 pm to 2:30 am will be 12 bucks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm not sure if you're implying it's expensive or cheap...that's cheap parking in downtown to me. :shrug: With validation though it's 3 hours free and 6 or so bucks an hour after that. So 9:30 pm to 2:30 am will be 12 bucks.
I don't know since only go to SD a few times a year, but it usually has space and is pretty central so I just park there.
12bux sounds good. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts