The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so it's the ultimate road race movie, great cars, great sounds, great lines yada yada yada...but why o' why wont they release it on DVD when they have a plethora of other proverbial car crap released? :mad:
Rant over, off the soap box now, sorry.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
babak said:
Ok, so it's the ultimate road race movie, great cars, great sounds, great lines yada yada yada...but why o' why wont they release it on DVD when they have a plethora of other proverbial car crap released? :mad:
Rant over, off the soap box now, sorry.
Yeah! WTF... Also Grand Prix the movie, on DVD please! It took Hollywood a lifetime to release Le Mans on DVD. They even released the movies Torque & Driven absolute bloody crap! :mad:

Neil

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drivel and torque will have to work up to being crap.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Later Apex said:
babak are you going to the event at heartland park on june 9th?
I don't have a car to drive on the track but I might drop by to meet fellow Elisetalkers. Whats the plan?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Re: Re: Gumball Rally

Little Bastard said:
Yeah! WTF... Also Grand Prix the movie, on DVD please!

Neil
Neil, go to Amazon's site and register to be informed of if/when the DVD is available:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JKGB/qid=1085455272/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/102-0180972-5864925?v=glance&s=dvd

Amazon will forward this demand to the respective studio. I imagine there are a fair # of EliseTalkers who might add their weight to this (sort of) petition.

Mike

·
Registered
368 Posts
babak said:
I don't have a car to drive on the track but I might drop by to meet fellow Elisetalkers. Whats the plan?
Probably not an event you can drive unless you do the whole thing.

See: http://www.kcrpca.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=292&FORUM_ID=5&CAT_ID=3&Topic_Title=Dates+for+the+2004+DE's&Forum_Title=Drivers+Education+Events

There is a Players Run Rally coming through town. I have another commitment that day or else I'd be at the track watching, perhaps driving if they'd let me sit in for a day.

BTW, are you picking your car up at Behlman in St. Louis? If so what line # are you and what did you order?

·
Registered
4,253 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Re: Gumball Rally

Need4Speed said:
Neil, go to Amazon's site and register to be informed of if/when the DVD is available:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JKGB/qid=1085455272/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/102-0180972-5864925?v=glance&s=dvd

Amazon will forward this demand to the respective studio. I imagine there are a fair # of EliseTalkers who might add their weight to this (sort of) petition.

Mike
Thanks Mike, that's good to know, been looking for something like this.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Later Apex said:

BTW, are you picking your car up at Behlman in St. Louis? If so what line # are you and what did you order?
Yep, number 20, CO, touring.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Argh, Gumball Rally is being brodcast now in HD (it looks good) on INHD1 and I got to go to work, phooey.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Neil,
Gumball Rally comes out on DVD the end of this month. Still no Grand Prix DVD though.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
babak said:
Still no Grand Prix DVD though.
It's PAINFUL!!!

Turner Classics showed GP last month in widescreen. I drove everyone out of the room with the sound cranked up so loud as to rattle the pictures on the walls. :nanner:

The lack of GP on DVD is a HUGE hole in my collection of racing/chase films. :(

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
The Stig said:
I am afraid and ashamed to say it though... "I saw both of them":( I even saw Driven at the movies! :mad: Payed $8 to see that CG crap!
HAHAHA. I agree - total crap. One in a long list of crappy films that constains some CG work from my company - though, you're not likely to see our work (the best work is the kind you *can't* see). :)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
khamai said:
It's PAINFUL!!!

Turner Classics showed GP last month in widescreen. I drove everyone out of the room with the sound cranked up so loud as to rattle the pictures on the walls. :nanner:

The lack of GP on DVD is a HUGE hole in my collection of racing/chase films. :(

Kiyoshi
Funny, I did something similar with my girlfriend as well, the same showing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts