The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else do it?

Thinking of doing it, but have to decide by today if I want to. Starts Friday in San Francisco, then heads south to Buttonwillow, Los Angeles, San Diego, then up to Las Vegas. :shift:

How the hell do I carry luggage in the Noble????:panic:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Do it !!!! It'll be great promo for Chasecam ! One pair of shorts, two tee shirts........do wash every night..... Tax write off.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Will probably head up for the gumball launch in SF like I did back in early 03. Won't be taking my lotus due to parking being not-fun in Nob Hill

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I'm going to check it out when everyone arrives in L.A.

(This Saturday 6pm - 10pm on Hollywood Blvd. between Highland and Orange)

·
Registered
912 Posts
I submitted my car to be entered as a display car at the LA checkpoint. Ill be at the LA stop but not doing the run. Keep an eye out for a fellow LT member.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
They keep bugging me to do it too, even got a great rate for both US leg and the full rally, but now that I have a jobbie job again... the vacation's over. :( I'd do it for sure if I had the time off. It's definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity, well N.Korea and Olympics anyway. You can do the US stuff any time, but why would you want to?

·
Registered
912 Posts
2009 rally has been announced, LA to FL.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Much thought today on this and decided to not do it this year, maybe next. For me, it would make more sense to sign up for One Lap America.

Doing Gumball would mean I could not do some other things including a deal with NBC on Monday I need to be at.

And as Jacob so rightfully pointed out to me... I just don't own enough silk shirts. That is true.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm going up to the Fairmont tomorrow to shoot pix. Think I'll park down on Market and take the cable car.

Did I read somewhere they are going to go down Lombart street too? That would be a cool site, all the cars coming down the hill.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts