The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Gut sport rear wing on their elise and how is visibility:shrug:??

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The wing blocks about 1/4 of your rear visibility across the middle. The rear window is still usable, you just have to get used to it. It's a bit nice at night when most cars' headlights shine right into your eyes through the mirror, since the wing blocks the light.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the fast reply to everyone. I got the Elise cause I wanted rear visibility. I'll be getting one shortly once I coordinate things with the body shop. Now to think of other things to do once the clams are off the car.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One more thing considering the size does it make it an issue of putting stuff into the trunk.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
One more thing considering the size does it make it an issue of putting stuff into the trunk.
i dont find it any harder to put things in the trunk. though i never put anything in there. i think it looks good on an elise and follows the lines of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,571 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
It was on my car when I bought it and I hate it. I looked into taking it off but contrary to what others have said here on the forum, removing it will require repainting the rear of the car. Blocks about 1/3rd of the rear visibility.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It was on my car when I bought it and I hate it. I looked into taking it off but contrary to what others have said here on the forum, removing it will require repainting the rear of the car. Blocks about 1/3rd of the rear visibility.

Nah, just arrange to sell the wing to another AW owner and do a full rear clam swap instead of a removal and re-install. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts