The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, first of all, please, no comments like " cant you think for yourself--just get what ya want" or "youre the one thats gotta live with it and drive it ya moron".... I get enough of that at home...:).

I need to decide between Ardent red and Magnetic blue. I have ardent ordered but after seeing that azure blue today, I am wavering(azure looks very similar to magnetic). I had imola red for my last car so Im used to that color. My heart says blue but practical side for whatever reason says ardent. To be honest, I could go with either one and be happy so I fully realize this thread superficial and lame but humor me with your help/opinions.

Which would you choose???.

I apologize if this thread is a waste of your time. Since this appears to be biggest dilemma for me right now, I have no room to whine cause life must be going ok for me...:).

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I say Ardent.... I ordered saffron, but the only other colors I sometimes think I should have ordered are Ardent or CO...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I don't know if I'd let the azure picture sway you. Azure looks like it's a fair amount darker than Magnetic. Another factor is cost (if it matters). Maybe get the color that's less popular -- it'll keep the variety of colors out there.

Maybe Aztec Bronze... :D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Magnetic is not even in the same zip code as Azure...you are seeing things in these pictures.:)

"Please just step away from the computer";)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patricko said:
Magnetic is not even in the same zip code as Azure...you are seeing things in these pictures.:)

I looked at quite a few pics today of magnetic and then the azure pics aty posted and to my eye, they do look similar although azure looks brighter and abit darker. But all the pics of magnetic I have seen, they all look pretty good to me.

I think with a car like the Elise, I should prob just follow my heart and try not to think practically.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Just a perspective of something other than the color issue. Changing your order will most likely delay delivery will it not? Wouldn't that alone be reason enough to not change your order? It's not like you'd be unhappy with red.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
ARDENT RED

I also wanted Azure Blue, but Magnetic is nowhere close to Azure. Nightfall is too dark to be Azure & Magnetic is a bit light, not enough blue in it, seems to me. Don't like it. I really wanted a nice blue like BMW M5 Le Mans Blue.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
babak said:
Just a perspective of something other than the color issue. Changing your order will most likely delay delivery will it not? Wouldn't that alone be reason enough to not change your order? It's not like you'd be unhappy with red.

B, I just signed up with Galpin recently so while I gave my order already, I dont think they have actually entered anything official to Lotus yet. So i can still choose.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Doesn't matter - just pick one. Once you do the pain goes away! (I'm in the same boat).

Really - sounds like you already made up your mind once --red. Your just having second thoughts. I'd go with your gut first choice.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Patricko said:

I agree.

mact, I love the pics I've seen of azure as well. I went to the LA Auto show to see the colors in person and I was not nearly as impressed with magnetic.

I may have still gotten it, but my M3 is Topaz so I didn't want another blue unless I was wowed by it.

Think of it this way...magnetic=topaz, but azure=LeMans Blue.

You absolutely can't go wrong with Ardent--you will have no buyer's remorse AND you will have more $$$ in your wallet for mods :cool:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Ardent Red, no question. I don't like the magnetic blue at all and i have seen a few of them. If you want blue do nightfall or lazer.

-Steve

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would pick red on the Elise for 2 reasons:

1) Safety: the darn car is LOW and any help in being seen by the buffoons in Explorers on their cell phones will help

2) Fun: it's a toy.

The first reason would preclude me from ever buying one in a shade of silver or gray. I had a silver NSX and I was practically invisible. My wife (gf at the time) has a yellow one. It was amazing how different the same traffic on the same commute would react to the two cars. I was constantly getting cut off in the silver car and NEVER in the yellow one. Heck, I could swear that the sleeping masses in the left lane would wake up and move over when I came up behind them in the yellow one.

The second reason led me to my color choice. My Elise will be CO (if my turn ever gets here)...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts