The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to buy a 2007 Exige S. Phantom Black. Used, one-owner, 4k miles, all options, bone stock, pristine condition. Dealer is asking just north of $47k for it. Obviously, I feel that this is a little high. Personally, I'd offer about $37k to $38k for it. What do you guys think?

Only possible caveat would be the tires; they may need to be replaced soon.

It'd be nice to get a general sense from everyone of what I should be offering.

Thanks in advance, collective wisdom!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Can you tell us what color, options, mileage? But it seems around 40 is right.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It seems average mileage & average dirty demands about $40k for an '07 S. Since it's from a dealership, expect them to want a couple grand more to pay for their time and storage/overhead.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fully loaded from factory (need to double check on this, but I am pretty sure it is). Bone stock. About 4k miles. Pristine condition as far as I can tell. Phantom Black.

Only possible caveat would be the tires; they may need to be replaced soon.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That makes it sound like low 40's is a totally reasonable price region.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds reasonable. Initially, and since it doesn't have any remaining factory warranty and will most likely need new rear tires soon, I was looking to offer just slightly less than $40k. Hrmm...

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Exiges have been holding thier value for a while now. Low 40's seems correct.
Agreed. I'd offer $38,000-40,000 and negotiate from there. I know of two new 2007 Exiges (one less than 20 miles and one less than 300 miles) that have sold for under $45,000 from show room floors within the last few months.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dealer is not going to go from 47 to 37, probably wont even go to 42/43

you can try however,
I'm banking on the fact that other, lower mileage, still warrantied examples were sold for less than $40k here in the Seattle market a year ago.

Who knows --- probably wasn't a common occurrence but it'll give me something to shoot for...

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm banking on the fact that other, lower mileage, still warrantied examples were sold for less than $40k here in the Seattle market a year ago.

Who knows --- probably wasn't a common occurrence but it'll give me something to shoot for...
at that time was a different market however, i paid less than 40 for mine 6 months ago. BUT if i were to post it up today i would ask no less than 40, with 10k miles example

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm... I guess I was under the impression that the economy was still in the shi t t er. But maybe I'm pessimistic.

:shrug:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Butters. I'm in the same boat as you. I would pay 37-41k for an 07. Not a cent more if bone stock. You sold yours for about 44k? Should've never sold it! You had very tasteful mods none of the cars in the current market can compare. The last super clean black 07 sold for 39-40 wih 9k mi. 47k is more of an 08 price.

·
He's on fire!
3,081 Posts
This is a dealer car, you're going to pay more than you would private party. Given the condition stated I don't think low 40's is out of line. "The dealer asking price is a little high" but aren't they typically?

Butters. I'm in the same boat as you. I would pay 37-41k for an 07. Not a cent more if bone stock. You sold yours for about 44k? Should've never sold it! You had very tasteful mods none of the cars in the current market can compare. The last super clean black 07 sold for 39-40 wih 9k mi. 47k is more of an 08 price.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I just confirmed that the car has LSD, Traction Control, Touring Pack, but NO Track Pack. New tires (the stock Yokohamas) were just placed on the car by the dealership.

I'm a bit disappointed the car doesn't have the track pack on there. But I suppose all those elements can be bought and bolted on...

·
Registered
128 Posts
ive seen dealers sell 07's for 37k

·
Registered
854 Posts
ive seen dealers sell 07's for 37k
as stated before, economy is up.

i've seen 07 gallardo's for 95k but right now they are 120k.. and i cant go to the guy and make him take 95.. **** i sold my brand new 911 in october for 63,750 and now they are going 10k higher, cant go back and get money back. economy changes.. constantly.. we are lucky to have a dollar that stays pretty constant but still the prices of assets like cars changes very often, and very seasonal.. right now is bad time to buy... very bad.

wait till after summer to buy sports cars as people dont wanna have em sit in garage all winter wasting $$$.. and then buy SUV's after winter when people wanna have fun and aren't driving in snow.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know I should've never sold it! :wallbang: Wish I could take it back, but the past is the past. Gotta move on...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I picked up an 06 for 34k. I suggest you pick up the yellow one for 28k :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts