The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GYLO - Saturday, May 5th, 6:45AM

On Saturday, May 5th, we will hold the first GYLO (Get Your Lotus Out) of the year at Katie's Cars & Coffee in Great Falls, VA. We will set aside an area for Lotus parking only, on the lower parking lot. Due to the extreme popularity of the C & C, you'll need to arrive by about 6:45AM to get one of the parking spaces - we will have about 20 reserved spaces. I'll be there to set up by 6:00AM. Please let me know, if possible, in advance if you intend to be there for GYLO. My email is - robert(underscore)collum(at)hotmail(dot)com. We've had a good response to this in the past - hope to see you there! Of course, there is no charge for this event. Get to know your fellow Lotus owners! I have included a photo from last year's October GYLO.

=======
Bealeton Charity Car Show - Saturday, May 5th, 11:00AM to 4:00PM

For those interested, (whether or not you get there early enough for GYLO that morning), a group of us will be driving down to a charity car show in Bealeton, VA, benefitting the Wounded Warrior organization. We will leave Katie's shortly before 10:00AM. Bealeton is a ~1-hour drive from Great Falls, VA. Lotus and other exotic cars welcome, no registration fee. Refreshments will be available, and prizes will be awarded. Follow the link to register, for the Bealeton Wounded Warrior car show -

True Value, CK Home & Hardware

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cinco de GYLO! Saturday, 05/05/12

Get Your Lotus Out!

Current weather for Saturday says partly cloudy, 70's. No rain until Noon, at the earliest. You couldn't ask for a better day to Get Your Lotus Out.

The details: Katie's Coffee, 760 Walker Rd, Great Falls, VA 22066. This is near the junction of Georgetown Pike (Rte. 193) and Walker Road. From Georgetown Pike, look for the Great Falls Village entrance sign on Village Center road, next to the Post Office. Once on Village Center Road, turn left into Katie's at the stop sign, and drive down to the parking lot down the hill, to the right. We'll be set up for the Lotus group there.

I will get there early, to reserve parking spaces. You'll need to get there between 6:45AM - 7:00AM to get a reserved parking space.

Besides being a great reason to take a drive in your Lotus, on a beautiful day, you'll get to meet other Lotus owners. Also, there are always some really interesting cars at this Cars & Coffee: In the last few weeks, we've had a McLaren MP4-12C, a Saleen S7, a Ferrari F40, and an Audi ur-Quattro, among others.

Hope to see you at GYLO!

For those who want to, we will be driving to another car show (a Wounded Warrior charity show) in Bealeton, VA. We will leave Katie's at 10:00AM - it's about an hour drive.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
It would be a shame if you showed up for GYLO and just drive home after Katie's instead of rolling down to the Wounded Warrior show, I mean is that even an option to not jump in the convoy and head down?

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
GYLO: Ready For Tomorrow

I have the following people confirmed for GYLO, Saturday, 05/05/12:

RCollum
Mark Franke
J. Hammer
Ted K.
Norm B.
Jake D.
KSM
DWilde
AdamT
Ross Sorci

I also have informal responses for at least 8 more. If weather cooperates, I see no reason we can't have at least 20 Lotus in attendance, maybe more.
I also have RChandler coming to GYLO late, going with us to Bealeton.

Weather should be good, at least thru Noon - both for Great Falls and for Bealeton.

--Bob Collum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts