The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
what an idiot...i would layeth the smacketh down on his candyass if he ran into my elise. limping or not.

the car looks better like this than new. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NMRJock said:
Fan of the H2 or not I don't think that you can attribute that accident to the vehicle...
...but you can attribute it to the mentality of the typical driver of a certain type of vehicle, and that was my point.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
H2 is a symptom of the problem with a huge percentag of american motorists. Bigger is better, safer, cooler........ Each car company is trying to make the next gen suv bigger and bigger in a game of one upsmanship.

Not going to even go into the fact these are so massively wasteful of finite resources (gas) and they also promote the widely held image that americans don't give a flip about the rest of the world. These huge gas guzzlers also make us susceptible to oil embargos as happened in 73.

Off my soapbox now.

Chris
And yes I do hate the megasize suvs. Had enough of suv wielding soccer moms trying to run me and my duc off the road.:mad:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
...but you can attribute it to the mentality of the typical driver of a certain type of vehicle, and that was my point.
You can try to attribute it to anything you like. However, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that he sat through the green light waiting for it to turn red the whole time thinking, "I'm going to cause some havoc because I drive a big truck." The story implies that a medical problem caused the crash.
Do you seriously think that I turn into some sort of maniac when I get behind the wheel of my big, bad SUV?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NMRJock said:
Do you seriously think that I turn into some sort of maniac when I get behind the wheel of my big, bad SUV?
Maybe not, but most of the people I've seen in my area sure as hell do. The women seem to be somewhat worse than the men.

My take on SUVs goes something like this...

If you want to own/drive one, fine... but you should have to get a different license (similar to a CDL) in order to do so. I see far too many 16 year olds behind the wheel of 6000lb+ SUVs and they have no idea how to handle them. The housewives and their husbands aren't any better, either. It's idiotic that people are allowed to go through normal driving tests (which are far too easy even for a car) and then immediately start driving a house on wheels and putting everyone else on the road in danger. It's not an "american right" to drive an SUV, so lets not get into that whole "I'm patriotic because I drive an SUV" thing.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
The accident had nothing to do with the driver's attitude. If you actually read the article, you would have seen that the police attributed the accident to a medical issue, possibly a seizure. I think you guys are unfairly judging this man.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
originally posted by transio
The accident had nothing to do with the driver's attitude. If you actually read the article, you would have seen that the police attributed the accident to a medical issue, possibly a seizure. I think you guys are unfairly judging this man.
I wasn't judging the man, just the H2. I knew that it had to be DUI or some medical issue. I didn't get a chance to read the article because as soon as I clicked on the picture to see a larger view, I was unable to return to the original page (it asked me to register).

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Here's a neat little trick when you run up against that problem, but don't want to register:

The moment the text displays on the screen (but before the diversion to the register page) press select all, then copy, using keyboard equivalents. Now paste into your word processor of choice, and the great majority of the time, given server lag and typical refresh rates, you have captured the text and can read at your leisure. This does not of course get you any images from the site.

I have both functions programmed into my mouse buttons; makes it a lot easier.

I've read many a posted link to an article I want to read this way, for a site or newspaper I rarely otherwise frequent, and it saves the hassle of registering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts