The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it is a company holiday, I'm making plans to pack up the Miata head on out and up to Harris Hill Road for a day of driving. Usually I'll leave Houston around 6-6:30 AM, on I-10, stop for breakfast half way and get there a little bit before 9 AM for the first session. I'll drive till 6 Pm or until I'm done and then make my way back to Houston stepping through the front door by 9 PM.

Yes, it can be a long day, but you can get in 6-8, 30 minutes sessions on track (about 20 laps per session) before your tongue is hanging on the floorboards and you head up to the club house. The break gives you a chance to rehydrate, look at data and play with lines that simply don't look right, but upon review of the data...

Usually you can switch directions (CW to CCW, CCW to CW) and get two very different tracks in the morning and afternoon. Sure is fun driving one direction and then reversing it to see if you can match times. My record right now is a delta of 0.8 seconds between best CW v. CCW lap times.

So who wants to go out and play?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Im going up on the 11th for the H2R HPDE, or I would probably go with you...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm going to be there on the 11th as well, but I might head up there on the 3rd too. I'm a definite maybe.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Can't, will be out in West Texas visiting family.
Mind if I ask how far west?

Taking the Lotus?

So can you just go out to H2R whenever you want? How does it work?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Mind if I ask how far west?

Taking the Lotus?

So can you just go out to H2R whenever you want? How does it work?
If your a member you can go out when ever you want (as long as there is not some other event going on). Probably 25 days out of a month the track is available for members.

You can find all the membership info on their website Harris Hill Road.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If your a member you can go out when ever you want (as long as there is not some other event going on). Probably 25 days out of a month the track is available for members.

You can find all the membership info on their website Harris Hill Road.
Interesting indeed. That's really cool!

I can't wait to move to that part of the state! I'll definitely look @ getting a membership then! Wonder if its tax deductible? :D

That's a whole lotta cash over a years time. but I guess if you go out there a lot its worth it.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Interesting indeed. That's really cool!

I can't wait to move to that part of the state! I'll definitely look @ getting a membership then! Wonder if its tax deductible? :D

That's a whole lotta cash over a years time. but I guess if you go out there a lot its worth it.
In the cooler months I usually go a couple times each month.. Considering that I live 2.5 hours away, thats not bad. If I lived closer I would go more often.

·
Registered
821 Posts
In the cooler months I usually go a couple times each month.. Considering that I live 2.5 hours away, thats not bad. If I lived closer I would go more often.
Yeah that's not bad @ all. given your distance. I'm about 5.5-6hrs away...:sad:

But I'm looking at in the next cpl yrs moving to the Austin/San Antonio area. I keep getting recruiters trying to pull me that way, and its much more beautiful on that side of the state...in time I'll break down and move.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think if I lived in the Aus / San Ant. area I'd be really poor because I'd be heading out to the track all the time!

Seriously, it's a fun track, the management is really cool, and it is the best deal on a club track you'll find out there. Not too many other tracks that I know of can you go out and drive as long as you can stand it.:cool:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey - I'll probably run down for a few hours.
Hey Geezer, if you got time stop on by. I'd appreciate some help in getting the Miata around the track a bit faster. Sure would be interesting to see what the little green monster can do in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts