The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about a fun event. Everything went smooth and 2 out of my three students kicked butt.. :)

Most fun Ive had at the track in a while... The little Mini Cooper kicked some butt too.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This thread is worthless without video... :D
I wish I had some video of Geezer screaming like a little girl in the passenger seat of the Mini... :) Sadly I was not running any video this weekend.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I wish I had some video of Geezer screaming like a little girl in the passenger seat of the Mini... :) Sadly I was not running any video this weekend.
Who needs video - it was kind of like this...

hmm.. there goes the braking point.. guess we'll brake soon...

Hmm. maybe not?

hmm.. Now were "REALLY past the braking point

HEY! THERE'S the TURN! AAIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pause..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Who needs video - it was kind of like this...

hmm.. there goes the braking point.. guess we'll brake soon...

Hmm. maybe not?

hmm.. Now were "REALLY past the braking point

HEY! THERE'S the TURN! AAIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pause..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hehe, who knew you could go into a 180 degree 40mph turn around 100mph trail braking on ABS with one rear wheel 6 inches off the ground and still stay on line the whole time.. :D

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't sweat the technique :)
Its an ugly way to drive, but in the Mini its the only way to make it go fast. The car understeers so badly that you have to trail brake like crazy to go fast. This means braking MUCH later than normal and carrying brake about half way or more through the turn.. :)

Even though its ugly its CRAZY FUN... Using this technique I was able to hang with a couple of Loti in the Instructor run group.. :)

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Even though its ugly its CRAZY FUN... Using this technique I was able to hang with a couple of Loti in the Instructor run group.. :)
I'm proud of myself on days when I can make my Lotus keep up with the Minis!

xtn

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm proud of myself on days when I can make my Lotus keep up with the Minis!

xtn
Don't sell yourself short, your screaming fast d00d...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is a cool promo video I found that someone shot of H2R... Dont know how but me and LordZ got some video time.. :) If you go to Youtube you can watch in full HD Video.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-o2sZMGtlw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-o2sZMGtlw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Indeed. I just picked up on Geezer's identity. Took me a second since I don't frequent this board.
Awesome, glad you had some fun riding passenger in the Mini. At least you didn't scream like Geezer.. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dang that video is pretty cool. Lots of hot looking Loti carving up the track. Sweet!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts