The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chat with my delaer this a.m.

Nothing new on the packages compared to what we already know; he felt they would get cars in consignments larger than 6/month that we've heard about. I'm in slot 23 at Midrivers in St. Louis, they think I'll have a car by memorial day.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Had a report from someone on the waiting list today. They said they were just told by Symbolic that the cars will be arriving in June.

Hmmmmm

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same old story, three sides to every story, his/hers/the real thing! I'm realistically thinking that I'll get my car late fall/early winter next year. In which case I'll probably bow out of my spot and move down to take delivery in spring.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally, the car was supposed to arrive in 9/03. Now it is pushed to 4/04. Another delay wouldn't suprise me.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I hope any delay won't allow the DOT exemptions to run out prematurely to the production run.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
My lease is up in 6/04

If there are any more delays, I'll have to consider getting a beater to fill in between the S2000 and the Elise.

If I do get one, it will either be an old CRX or Buick Reatta. What do you guys think of each?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reatta had a central brain/cpu that was problematic, it was one of the downfalls of the model. They are hard to come by, so be careful.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Would be an awesome car to do an engine swap on, though... drop a 350 crate engine w/ carb and you're set with a mean sleeper for not too much investment.. and you essentially "kill" the cancerous brain.

Personally, I think the Reatta is one of the most underrated LOOKING cars that was ever built... it's long hood, short trunk and long wheelbase give it a really unique appearance, and for very little investment, I think you could turn it into a killer looking show car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts