The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You could just redrill new holes since your clam and splitter are now both damaged and reinstall to prevent any further clam damage as you drive.
That is a good point. I guess I'm also just reevaluating having a splitter on there at all. This has made me wary of the structural soundness of having an aero part just bolted onto the clam. I'll think about it.

You can also before reinstalling feather out each of the holes and take csm and epoxy to fill or even long kitty hair do one side place wax paper over it and lay it down on flat surface and do the same on other side. When cured sand and either paint or leave as is. Nobody will see.
Cat hair?! That's a new one! Plenty of that lying around... I've used flox before, but I suppose almost any fiber would work. Hahaha

·
Administrator
5,820 Posts
Kitty hair is either short or long fiberglass fibers mixed with poly or epoxy resin in a can with the consistency of bondo just much stronger.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh... You didn't mean actual kitty hair...

Yeah, doing the repair wouldn't be too difficult. But right now, just having those holes there isn't really compromising the clam's structure. No one can see them either. So unless I want the splitter back on, there's no harm in leaving it as it is.

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
959 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Kitty hair is either short or long fiberglass fibers mixed with poly or epoxy resin in a can with the consistency of bondo just much stronger.
Not at my house! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
959 Posts
Really sorry to hear it Flopsy. I recently had a turn signal pop loose at 60, flopping and banging. Believe me, I feel your pain.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts