The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've had my Lotus for 4 weeks as of today, and absolutely love it. Then tonight this drunk woman hits my car.

I was getting off the freeway (CA 85 and Almaden Expressway for the Bay Area Folks), and the exit ramp had two lanes that turn right. I was in the outside lane, which is supposed to turn into the middle lane of the road we were turning onto and there is Range Rover next to me that should be turning into the near lane. The light turns green and we both start to go, and it looks like the Range Rover is turning wide, so I turn into the far lane (most left, one left further left than I should be turning into) and I am looking at the Range Rover next to me and am like "I can't believe this, is she going to drive right into me?" and sure enough she tries to turn 2 lanes farther wide than she is supposed to from where she is and drives right into the side of my still almost brand new Lotus! I couldn't believe it.

To top it all off, after I got all of her information, it turns out we are headed to the same place. She comes up to me there, acting totally drunk and says "Remeber me? Wow, I love your car its so awesome." And all I can think is "yeah, I liked it too, right up until you hit it, you drunk b****."

Anyway, can anyone recommend the best Lotus friendly body shop in the SF Bay Area?

(Sorry the pictures kind of suck, these are from the camera phone, I will try to take better ones later.)

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, hope your OK and nothing happened to you physically. Sucks how even if we take all the necessary precautions to avoid bad drivers and errors, they still find a way to mess things up. Hope everything does well!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Wow...that sucks. :( Had that happen to me a few years back as well. They need to put the BIG dots in between the lanes as you turn so idiots can ponder the correct path of the upcoming turn.-poke-

Good news is, it can be fixed. Call Sorinne at BMC (Agent XXX on here). Bad news is, she deals with both Lotus and Land Rover...maybe you can meet up with your drunk fluzy again at the body shop!;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!

Deja Vu!!

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45303

I hope she was arrested. I was awarded restitution from the drunk woman who hit me after she pled out.

Yours was WAY worse than mine!

No arrest on the other party, she didn't really wait around for me to call the cops (got her info thought), but 10 minutes later we were both at the same bar and she was hanging on me and laughing about it all (really p***** me off). (I really regret not calling police right away, but I will learn for next time.)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Yours was WAY worse than mine!

No arrest on the other party, she didn't really wait around for me to call the cops (got her info thought), but 10 minutes later we were both at the same bar and she was hanging on me and laughing about it all (really p***** me off). (I really regret not calling police right away, but I will learn for next time.)
Was she hot? You should have at least gotten something for your trouble! ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, she was not hot, so nothing for my trouble except a missing reflector and a chunk of broken fiberglass that was still stuck to the starshield.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If its covered by insurance then take it to Canepa Design.

ps: you must live around the corner from me

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
obviously she's paying for it right? people are so stupid! My last car got hit twice in one night after only owning it for a week!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
too bad about the car, but it doesn't look that bad.. glad you are ok.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If she was drunk, why weren't the cops called?
I undserstand that maybe she may have tested under the legal limit...or maybe not.
Calling the cops not to prove a DWI, but it seems like you could have insisted that she be tested, only to show proof later if you needed it to spank the insurance companies of the presence of juice in her not-so-hot body. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Anyway, it appears that the drivers/occupants are OK. I would be so frustrated.
Scares me cause my car is on the way..will this happen to me too?
I empathize brother!

·
Registered
143 Posts
i had my CO exige S repaired at Automotive Enterprise along Industrial Road in San Carlos. Look for Bob. They are really good with fiberglass.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
It seems like 90% of accidents on here happen in CA.

Is that because there are more Lotus owners in CA? Or is it because CA has more accidents due to terrible drivers?

·
Registered
974 Posts
That really bites! Hope you get everything settled soon.

It seems like 90% of accidents on here happen in CA.

Is that because there are more Lotus owners in CA? Or is it because CA has more accidents due to terrible drivers
I'd guess both are true.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts